Dyna-Cut Rotary Die Cutter

jdodoubleg

Does anyone have experience with the Dyna-Cut Rotary Die Cutter? We have had one for about a month. We did the training, etc. We haven't had any luck getting label stock to go through. It either doesn't feed through the final set of rollers or it winds itself up onto the die. Any help would be appreciated.

Here's a link to the machine in question.

We did the beta testing on this machine. Does the die have foam in it to help push out the label from the die? If not I would start with that.

The die we have was tested on the machine and they came to the conclusion that the foam was causing more trouble, so this particular die was advised to run without foam. It has a square through-cut with a round kiss-cut on the square. All the material we have tested is a no-go as the front edge of the material is never flat. We could use some advise as to what others are doing if they can't change out the material as well as what types of label/adheisve vinyl materials have been successful.

I don't know the specific names of our materials, as I'm not the printer but rather the person charged with running the RD-435. Basically we have all kinds of 3M, HP, etc adhesive vinyls that we then laminate. These materials are printed on Epson wide formats and Canon Colorados (we don't have to laminate if printed on this machine). We get the same result no matter what material, that being the front edge is not flat. I know it is because of the fact that the material is coming off of a roll.

So I have been trying figure out a new process where we get flat stock (if we can find something) and run it off of our Ricoh 7210. I had our paper rep send us samples and we had the same issue, after being printed the material curled and was unable to run through the RD-435.

So any help with material choice and/or processes/setup would be much appreciated.

Try curling the front edge the opposite direction. If you are running rolls how are you getting the registration from sheet to sheet? You may be better off with a Graphtec fc9000.
To be honest our experience with the beta testing lead me to believe they still had more work to do in the delivery area.

Try curling the front edge the opposite direction. If you are running rolls how are you getting the registration from sheet to sheet? You may be better off with a Graphtec fc9000.
To be honest our experience with the beta testing lead me to believe they still had more work to do in the delivery area.
We first tried cutting the rolls down with our fotoba, but that didn’t give us consistent registration. So we then started cutting them down with our colex, which did work. We did curl the fronts of our sheets the opposite direction, but this is not feasible when we have thousands to do.

We have been cutting out small decals on our colex machines, we have 6, which is time consuming, so we got the rd435 to speed up this process, currently we are still use the colex though

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back