EDDM bundling

SoggyWinter

For US print shops- what is the most efficient way to count out and separate EDDM bundles using a digital workflow?

Here are some ideas that I have
1) Insert seperators every 100 sheets, or 20 sheets, or whatever and hand count the extra digits after cutting
2) Use imposition software to print facing slips every x number of PDF pages according to bundle counts
3) Print and cut, and then use calipers to count out bundles

AP90

For US print shops- what is the most efficient way to count out and separate EDDM bundles using a digital workflow?

Here are some ideas that I have
1) Insert seperators every 100 sheets, or 20 sheets, or whatever and hand count the extra digits after cutting
2) Use imposition software to print facing slips every x number of PDF pages according to bundle counts
3) Print and cut, and then use calipers to count out bundles
If you do enough EDDM, something like this would probably be the best way to handle the counting. Not necessarily this model, but it will point you in the right direction.

rcreveli

We use a counting a scale. You can make a bunch of 100/50 piles and only hand count the "short" piles. EDDM is a very small part of our work. At our last job we used calipers. They were not very accurate, at that place we did 20-50k EDDM pieces a week.

Shawnd

You mention digital workflow so I am guessing digital printing as well, we print all the tray break info on the mail piece, ie 2 of 50, 3 of 50, etc. using variable data while printing the piece.

Automatically Autonomous Automation

Automatically Autonomous Automation
Although the autonomous car is not quite ready, a lights out print operation is something you can do right now if you have a comprehensive Print MIS (Management Information System). The advantages can put money on your bottom line. So what’s your next step? Link to Article