EDDM bundling

SoggyWinter

For US print shops- what is the most efficient way to count out and separate EDDM bundles using a digital workflow?

Here are some ideas that I have
1) Insert seperators every 100 sheets, or 20 sheets, or whatever and hand count the extra digits after cutting
2) Use imposition software to print facing slips every x number of PDF pages according to bundle counts
3) Print and cut, and then use calipers to count out bundles

For US print shops- what is the most efficient way to count out and separate EDDM bundles using a digital workflow?

Here are some ideas that I have
1) Insert seperators every 100 sheets, or 20 sheets, or whatever and hand count the extra digits after cutting
2) Use imposition software to print facing slips every x number of PDF pages according to bundle counts
3) Print and cut, and then use calipers to count out bundles

If you do enough EDDM, something like this would probably be the best way to handle the counting. Not necessarily this model, but it will point you in the right direction.

We use a counting a scale. You can make a bunch of 100/50 piles and only hand count the "short" piles. EDDM is a very small part of our work. At our last job we used calipers. They were not very accurate, at that place we did 20-50k EDDM pieces a week.

You mention digital workflow so I am guessing digital printing as well, we print all the tray break info on the mail piece, ie 2 of 50, 3 of 50, etc. using variable data while printing the piece.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back