Email Management...

Hopkins Printing

With the volume of email our prepress department receives which includes:

1. Email with attached artwork.
2. Upload notifications from our FTP system.
3. Interoffice correspondence.
4. Job approval emails.

...they get A LOT of email and it can sometimes be a challenge to stay on top of it all.

I am wondering what others do to manage, maintain, and simplify the email they get.

TIA,
hp

Using eudora . . we just set up a whole mess of filters . . . it aint easy but its gotta be done

I use rules/filters in Apple Mail to automatically route mail to the appropriate folder, which helps me to prioritise emails.

Stephen Marsh

You could have a set-up where the first time you were notified was when the customer approved/rejected the proof. You would need a custom workflow solution that integrates with Prinergy (assuming you have this or similar), customers that do the same job type regularly, and a prepress specific workflow solution with proofing and automated task routing. I don't know your size, but Viki Solutions offers Vera for InSite/Creative Workflow replacements that can help larger companies. Also, we are currently market testing/piloting PrepressDIRECT.com where printers around the world could access the same technology from the cloud. Reduce email notifications, reduce hardware costs, get advanced proofing, custom workflow, all from PrepressDIRECT.com

The subscription pricing for Viki Solutions products includes upgrades and support so you aren't nickle and dimed. Built by print-industry software professionals previously with Creo/Kodak. I am the Director of Business Development and if there is anything we can do for you, then let me know.

Chris

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back