Enfocus releases PitStop Pro 12 and PitStop Server 12 at Print 13

Now, granted, I've only been running it for about a week, but I've noticed three things that jump out at me:

- Many more Acrobat crashes, apparently primarily after invoking Pitstop. Of course, I upgraded to Acrobat Cloud (or XI or whatever) and Pitstop 12 at about the same time. Not a fresh install of either. Still...
- Greatly increased image-tweaking capabilities, although this is mitigated somewhat if you have Photoshop installed
- OBJECT ALIGNMENT WOOOOOT

So, bittersweet so far. Spot colors (as far as creation/assignment) are still wonky.

(Also, can anybody else shift-click (reliably) to select multiple items with the Pitstop purple arrow selector? More often than not, all the sudden, shift-click creates a sticky note, rather than select an additional object. Infuriating. It doesn't happen from launch, but once it happens, you gotta quit Acrobat and relaunch to make it stop. Temporarily.)

Anyway... I'll reserve judgement until a patch or two down the road.

Good luck.

Can you contact support about the crashes, they will need to log in to your system to take a look.
None of the beta testers (over 150) reported any issues like that, in fact quite the opposite, so let us try and help. [email protected]

Not sure what you mean about spot color creation being 'wonky', can you contact me to discuss '[email protected]'

Shift click issue is due to Adobe making a new feature when output preview is open, if you 'shift click' it brings up this sticky note instead of allowing a multiple selection. If you close output preview it should work as before

Did you try the new blend tools, grouping and the missing font functionality we developed with Monotype?

Thanks Andrew for the input on shift/click... As for MYSELF I am also running P12 on Acrobat X1 and have not experienced any unusual behavior// and I must say the release is a GREAT :) milestone... nothing but raves - Ive use the font replacement on Financials derived from "office applications " and color corrected multiple images (an on press tweek due to stock) and everything ran seemless.. KUDOS

Hiya-
Thanks for the reply. And thanks HEAPS for the tip about shift-clicking with the output preview window open. That was driving me bonkers.

I will contact support about the crashes, and will email you about the spot colors.

Thanks again for your help. Pitstop is a fantastic product, and it makes my job much, much easier every single day.

Drewstre

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back