Entry Level MICR?

JayDA

Does anyone have any suggestions for an entry level laser printer that supports MICR? I have plenty of large black and white machines , so it will never see any use beyond a few thousand pieces a month

We printed micr for a client for a couple years, that averaged about 25,000 a month. We just used a hp laserjet 4200 with a micr cartridge. Worked a treat.

Paul

As I understand it MICR is basically a font that needs to be printed in a magnetic ink which is why pabney specified a micr cartridge . . . also I think that the only image that can be in the magnetic "ink" can be the MICR encoding . . . the rest of the copy needs to be in regular "ink"

The only thing that I know about using micr ink is for check printing which is what we were doing. However we printed more than just the check routing number encoding using micr. We also print variable address info on the piece. As long as this is well outside the clear zone on the routing info printing micr elsewhere is fine.

Paul

The only thing that I know about using micr ink is for check printing which is what we were doing. However we printed more than just the check routing number encoding using micr. We also print variable address info on the piece. As long as this is well outside the clear zone on the routing info printing micr elsewhere is fine.

Paul

Yes, that's what I was planning on doing, my customer is indicating this shouldn't be a problem. Thanks for confirming my line of thought.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back