Envelope Printing

We have an ijetcolor from printware. It’s ok but like everything its not perfect. For short run envelopes it is good. If it’s basic ink coverage it is great but the more coverage then the more ink it uses and the more you have to charge. Supplies are all proprietary and everything is EXPENSIVE. A Printhead is $600 and you will not get near as many envelopes through one as they say. Ink is expensive also and all other supplies.

I have never been able to get #10's to run though my 7110 without having to flap the envelopes, and even then it didn't run well. We run everything through an OKI 931 and it does the job, but slower than I would like. Why do you say they are junk?

I use a Xante Impressia, but we used to have a rebranded Oki 9650 that I preferred. I wouldn't call either junk, but there are drawbacks to each, some of which are just because of the limitations of the process. For instance, the Impressia is even more sensitive to moisture in the envelopes, and the toner doesn't stick as well.

(We've been through Oki and Xante and they are junk)

Xante has been trying to sell us a machine for quite a while. Why do you consider them junk? Just curious. Thank You.

Also, has anyone used a Mach 6 printer or any other envelope printer from NeoPost?

We have had a Xante EnPress for a year. Total POS. On average we have to clear jams 55 times per box of envelopes.
They have sent 4 replacement doors, replacement drums, parts for the feed conveyor and exit conveyor. Last month Xante
sent a replacement printer. Its even worse that the original. It will not feed more that 6 envelopes without jaming.

We have had a Xante EnPress for a year. Total POS. On average we have to clear jams 55 times per box of envelopes.
They have sent 4 replacement doors, replacement drums, parts for the feed conveyor and exit conveyor. Last month Xante
sent a replacement printer. Its even worse that the original. It will not feed more that 6 envelopes without jaming.
Thats all i need to know. Thank You.

Last December we installed a Riso GD7330 to run envelopes. About 240,000 envelopes have been run since install just over 400,000 total impressions overall. Runs a hell of a lot faster than our Xante EnPress but is very finicky on feeding envelopes. We are patiently waiting for the Straight Shooter feeder that was supposed to be available at year end, but as of now it is not. DO NOT even consider getting one without the Fiery. Spot Color matching has been huge and it will hit Pantone Uncoated colors real well when dialed in.

In the last week they have cross shipped 2 different printers to try to resolve our issues. First one was stuck in some type of factory mode and unusable.

I have a 2013 Xante Impressia, prints #10 envelopes fine. Rare for me to have a jam. Just ran A8's through it and only issue was I had to put a finger on the flaps to keep them from opening, somewhere around here I have a piece that will do that for me. But I forgot where I put it.

I have a 2013 Xante Impressia, prints #10 envelopes fine. Rare for me to have a jam. Just ran A8's through it and only issue was I had to put a finger on the flaps to keep them from opening, somewhere around here I have a piece that will do that for me. But I forgot where I put it.
Do you have an estimate for price per copy or envelope for color print jobs?

We had our first one replaced due to unfixable issues. With the first one, those little flap-holder parts were attached with velcro and did just fine. On the newer one, they are attached with sticky pads and started coming off repeatedly almost immediately. I finally left them off - afraid they would fall off during a run and get sucked into the machine.

Oh Xante.

The stories I have.

It is simple machine that has made life extremely complicated.

I have been fortunate enough to learn a lot about this machine due to the engine being a Ricoh SP C821DN re-branded.

Also, because it's a Ricoh, I've been able to cut our consumable cost practically in half.

To answer the first question, do I like our printer. No.

However, there really is no other options at that price point.

We just looked at a machine powered by the Memjet Mach6.
We weren't exactly wowed by the quality or the process itself.

We run envelopes on our Versant 2100 and Ricoh 7210. Both run them pretty well.
What sizes are you able to get through your 7210? We have a 7200x and it's hit and miss. 9x12 and 10x13 run great but smaller sizes not so much.

Oh Xante.

The stories I have.

It is simple machine that has made life extremely complicated.

I have been fortunate enough to learn a lot about this machine due to the engine being a Ricoh SP C821DN re-branded.

Also, because it's a Ricoh, I've been able to cut our consumable cost practically in half.

To answer the first question, do I like our printer. No.

However, there really is no other options at that price point.

We just looked at a machine powered by the Memjet Mach6.
We weren't exactly wowed by the quality or the process itself.

We just brought a Xante Enpress in house. I'm currently setting it up in EFI PACE. What are the real world speeds for this? Do you use PACE (or anyone reading this have the Xante and PACE)?
I'm curious what others have used for the real world speeds and "impression" charges.

thanks

What sizes are you able to get through your 7210? We have a 7200x and it's hit and miss. 9x12 and 10x13 run great but smaller sizes not so much.

I can get down to 5x7 and it runs great on my 7110, but anything smaller than that and it just wont feed it even with the vacuum trays. I can't get #10's to run at all with the flap closed, flap open they still jam bad but I can get some through.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back