Envelope Printing

I regret buying my Xante Enpress. I've had so many problems with using the feeder for #10 envelopes that I'm now printing them on my Konica Minolta. I've had to change out a number of sensors and now Xante is telling me to roll back to an earlier version of Ique so that I can adjust the belt speeds. The exit conveyor does not work with 6x9 envelopes (they just stackup). I do not like using the enterprise feeder system. I wonder about all those Youtube videos I saw that show printers loving their Xante system.
We are in a similar situation as you. We regret buying our Oki C942 envelope printer. The feeder is terrible, and it's quite slow when you consider how often it stops to adjust and how long those adjustments take. We too are resorting back to running envelopes on our Konica Minoltas.

@jwheeler What feeder do you have on your 942? The straight shooter works good on our 931. I understand about all the starts and stops, seems like anything over 500 will take forever to print. I have attached a setup sheet from OKI that helped a little bit with all the fuser adjustments.

Attachments

• Recommendations to Optimize Envelope Feeding_v2.pdf
    235.9 KB · Views: 276
@jwheeler What feeder do you have on your 942? The straight shooter works good on our 931. I understand about all the starts and stops, seems like anything over 500 will take forever to print. I have attached a setup sheet from OKI that helped a little bit with all the fuser adjustments.
I just browsed through that document...I'll try some of those settings, thank you! We have the generic feeder that came with the combo package shown in this photo. Did you have to do any special fittings/settings to make the straight shooter work with it? What is the approx cost of the straight shooter? And what is different about how it feeds?

The Xante EnPress feeder is total junk. One year into owning the machine a very small piece of plastic broke on the feed section which keeps the feed roller up. Replacing that small part requires replacing the entire duplex feed assembly door. Cost is over $1,500 bucks..... The EnPress is a re-branded Ricoh machine. The supplies and replacement parts are twice as expensive as the same Ricoh machine. I would never purchase this machine again!

Gentleman that works with me, used to work in the Conoco/Phillips print shop and they really liked the Xante. I read more bad than good about it though.

I just browsed through that document...I'll try some of those settings, thank you! We have the generic feeder that came with the combo package shown in this photo. Did you have to do any special fittings/settings to make the straight shooter work with it? What is the approx cost of the straight shooter? And what is different about how it feeds?

We had to put a piece of Velcro over the sensor in the mpt tray of the printer, that was it. The straight shooter just slides right in and feeds the envelopes, pretty simple feeder. I can't remember cost, had it for 5 years now, I think it was around $2k. Can't be to much of a difference as they are just simple feeders, I like it since it is simple to setup and change between envelope sizes.

The Xante EnPress was the single worst investment I have made in 40 years of business. The support is just as ineffective as the printer.
Had the EnPress for 30 months now and have never got it to feed envelopes of any size. For the first year, under warranty, they sent 3 new doors then finally an entire replacement printer. It was worse than the original. Hours and hours with tech support on the phone and back and forth with emails provided no solutions. After the year was up, they wanted me to pay $2700 per year for continued support. (fat chance)
In addition, they sell a "special fuser" for A7 envelopes that speeds up the process. Problem is, the click count for replacement is in the machine, not the fuser. So you pay $900 for the two separate fusers but still only get the count of a single fuser.
Horrible printer and company.
If anybody out there has a feeder solution, please post. I am in this POS for way too much money to use it as a boat anchor.

I am experiencing the same problem with the Enterprise Feeder. If I get the right box of envelopes I can make it work. If the envelopes have the slightest amount of air they bunch up at the feeder and jam. Just recently the feed roller dropped to the down position and is stuck there. Xante Tech Support gave me the part number for the whole Duplex Door Assembly. That assembly is over $1500 bucks. How were you able to get Xante to send you a new machine and what is your status with Xante now?
Sorry so late ---- I was calling weekly, sending videos and raising hell. The had sent 3 replacement doors, then finally a new machine. The second machine was worse than the first. All of this was in the first year of factory warranty. They never got either to work right and now they want me to pay $2700 for a yearly warranty for something they have no idea how to fix.

The Xante EnPress was the single worst investment I have made in 40 years of business. The support is just as ineffective as the printer.
Had the EnPress for 30 months now and have never got it to feed envelopes of any size. For the first year, under warranty, they sent 3 new doors then finally an entire replacement printer. It was worse than the original. Hours and hours with tech support on the phone and back and forth with emails provided no solutions. After the year was up, they wanted me to pay $2700 per year for continued support. (fat chance)
In addition, they sell a "special fuser" for A7 envelopes that speeds up the process. Problem is, the click count for replacement is in the machine, not the fuser. So you pay $900 for the two separate fusers but still only get the count of a single fuser.
Horrible printer and company.
If anybody out there has a feeder solution, please post. I am in this POS for way too much money to use it as a boat anchor.
've had the Xante Enpress since August 2019. If I would do it all over again - I would purchase the Intec Envelope Press. Their feeder makes sense and I've heard that another printer recently switched from the Xante Enpress to the Intec and has already run over 100k of envelopes thru it. The Enpress Enterprise feeder has been a struggle for me -you seem to have to have a perfectly flat envelope to run through it. Also the envelopes can hit the edge of the Xante metal ruler bar and cause a pile up. I've replaced many sensors, adjusted belt speeds, raised/lowered the feed wheel. Also, tried the new magnetic feed wheel attachment that came out from Xante recently. Just a few days ago, via Facebook chat message from Xante, they said it has already been discontinued (but they shipped me one anyways after giving them my credit card over the phone). I had a tech come out here last week and installed it. They shipped the magnetic wheel with two electronic boards. However, the instructions only showed one board (which stumped the tech installing it) - but you needed to install both boards. We ended up installing both boards per direction from Xante Tech Support. Turns out, the motor on the new magnetic wheel does not turn when plugged in and the belts do not advance on the feeder. So I ended up taking the exit rollers off my offset envelope exit conveyor and attached it to the Xante Enpress feeder with a large metal clip. That seems to help.

Attachments

• IMG_9998.jpg
    IMG_9998.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_9991-(1).jpg
    IMG_9991-(1).jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 182
've had the Xante Enpress since August 2019. If I would do it all over again - I would purchase the Intec Envelope Press. Their feeder makes sense and I've heard that another printer recently switched from the Xante Enpress to the Intec and has already run over 100k of envelopes thru it. The Enpress Enterprise feeder has been a struggle for me -you seem to have to have a perfectly flat envelope to run through it. Also the envelopes can hit the edge of the Xante metal ruler bar and cause a pile up. I've replaced many sensors, adjusted belt speeds, raised/lowered the feed wheel. Also, tried the new magnetic feed wheel attachment that came out from Xante recently. Just a few days ago, via Facebook chat message from Xante, they said it has already been discontinued (but they shipped me one anyways after giving them my credit card over the phone). I had a tech come out here last week and installed it. They shipped the magnetic wheel with two electronic boards. However, the instructions only showed one board (which stumped the tech installing it) - but you needed to install both boards. We ended up installing both boards per direction from Xante Tech Support. Turns out, the motor on the new magnetic wheel does not turn when plugged in and the belts do not advance on the feeder. So I ended up taking the exit rollers off my offset envelope exit conveyor and attached it to the Xante Enpress feeder with a large metal clip. That seems to help.
Curious about the Intec, how far down the path did you go with it. Testing, pricing, Support?

I've had a Xante Enpress for a month. I've had some major issues with the belt just moving too fast, and pile-ups occurring, however, I've found a solution that seems to work.

Not only slowing down the belt, which is what phone support had me do, but change the run-time of the belt in between each envelope has fixed my issue. I've ran over 5000 envelopes with not issue since making this change.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back