Envelops with Iridesse?

we just got our Iridesse printer and trying to run envelopes has been a challenge. What trays and what setting do you use in paper catalog.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
thanks
Uncoated 177-220 gsm
Auto Tray selected and loaded in both trays 6 & 7 with the envelope/card bracket installed in both trays
I keep the back hold down off the envelopes and that seems to help with feeding
Envelope Feeding IMG_20240702_124154105.jpg

Not all envelopes run the same. I’ve run diagonal seams for a long time and now I have issues with wrinkling. Could be a different convertor but I do notice more of a twist to the envelopes I’ve been receiving. Switched to digital side seams and have no issues with feeding or wrinkling.

If you have issues with feeding, try smaller stacks until you figure out what the maximum height of the stack should be for consistent feeding.

Uncoated 177-220 gsm
Auto Tray selected and loaded in both trays 6 & 7 with the envelope/card bracket installed in both trays
I keep the back hold down off the envelopes and that seems to help with feeding
View attachment 292994

Not all envelopes run the same. I’ve run diagonal seams for a long time and now I have issues with wrinkling. Could be a different convertor but I do notice more of a twist to the envelopes I’ve been receiving. Switched to digital side seams and have no issues with feeding or wrinkling.

If you have issues with feeding, try smaller stacks until you figure out what the maximum height of the stack should be for consistent feeding.
thanks for the info we will definitely try it

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back