Epson 7800

wonderings

Looking at picking up a used Epson 7800. I have heard they are great little machines. If the price is right, we will be picking it up. The question I have is regarding RIPS. At the moment I have no idea if it comes with a rip. We are using a Harlequin RIP right now. Our Epson 10600 runs off of that. Our rip was set up for us for our presstek ctp and epson as they were a package deal. Is this something thats pretty easy to add? Do I have to run through a RIP or would the software and drivers with the 7800 be enough?

We use a 7800 pro using K3 inks for our proofing, yes it is a great machine we use a EFI Colorproof XF 3.1 RIP on a Dell Poweredge SC430 running Windows Server 2003 2gb RAM and a partitioned 80gb Drive

We use a 7800 pro using K3 inks for our proofing, yes it is a great machine we use a EFI Colorproof XF 3.1 RIP on a Dell Poweredge SC430 running Windows Server 2003 2gb RAM and a partitioned 80gb Drive

How much was the EFI Colorproof? They dont give any prices and hate contact sales rep just for a price. Need to figure a few things out before the auction tomorrow.

We bought it as a complete package a few years ago but goto Colormanagement.com they are the official reseller online EFI i just went ther looking to upgrade to version 4 all the different versions and packages are listed. Oh you need a calibrator we use the Efi Es-1000 but you can use others.

Duncan

We bought it as a complete package a few years ago but goto Colormanagement.com they are the official reseller online EFI i just went ther looking to upgrade to version 4 all the different versions and packages are listed. Oh you need a calibrator we use the Efi Es-1000 but you can use others.

Duncan

Thanks for the link, did not know about that site. It all gets a bit pricey when you add it up. I would hope to use it with our Harlequin rip. We run our Epson 10600 off the Harlequin rip and are pleased with it. Were hoping to get this unit fairly cheap, so sinking a few thousand into it is not really what were after.

Duncan

There is no official "official reseller online" for EFI.
Color Management is one of many EFI resellers in North America but they have moved away from EFI recently in favor of Kodak. In fact, I just received a promo from them to trade-in GMG, CGS and EFI RIPs in favor of Kodak.

Feel free to contact us. We are the only compnay in the world that also has online training for EFI RIPs and sells GRACoL certified paper (with Epson printers) that is converted in our own facility in Michigan.

If you use our paper, you can qualiify to receive tech support on EFI RIPs.

Hi!

Personally i would suggest you also look into using Kodak Proofing Software.

It can run both your Epson 10600 and the 7800 - right out of the box --no extra licensing required. Set up is easy and you can get preconfigured industry standard color bars for a variety of machines.

You can easily still send jobs through Harlequin to either proofer using hot folders

With the recent Kodak Proofing software version 4.2.1, you can use iterative calibration to keep a impressively tight tolerance on either machine.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back