Epson 9600 Printer

ARS

Looking for some help on our epson 9600 printer. We use the 9600 to print press-proofs. We manually load sheets of paper. The size of the sheet we load depends on what cylinder size is being used on the forms press. When we load the large sheets (23x31) the printer will print the 1st side just fine. But when you turn the sheet over, the printer will simply run the sheet thru without printing the second side. Only after you release the paper and send it thru again, will it print the second side. This gets frustrating when you have to do multiple in a row. I have checked the properties of the hotfolders and I can't find the error. The smaller sheets print both sides just fine, one right after another. Any help with this issue is greatly appreciated.

Todd @ ARS

Todd,

once the paper is loaded if you hold the reset button it will be fine. Reset it before or after loading paper.

Epson 9600

Epson 9600

Whenever I have those problems it's usually because the sheet size is set incorrectly or it's set for roll paper.
Let me ask you a question. Is your 9600 made for printing both sides or do you have some sort of system for getting both sides to align?
Lenny R.

LennyR
we manually release the paper, turn it over and feed it back thru. The alignment is off about 1/16 to about 1/8 from side to side. But good enough for a "press dylux" if you will.

Todd

P.S. I am curious to where you are going with this.

Last edited:
TDOG
This does work and I thank you for the response. It sure helped to speed up making press proofs. But I am still curious as to why it does this only on the larger sheets of paper and not the smaller ones. Again, I thank you for your response because it works.

Todd @ ARS

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back