Epson 9880 Material Issue

Seagull

Hello all, need some help with my Epson 9880, I require to print on a clear mylar substrate at times to show embossing or hot stamping and overlay it on my hi res proof, problem is i cannot get the 9880 to load the roll. I use the same material 42" roll on my 9600 and my 9900 and i have no problem loading on either. Is there a setting that i am missing or does anyone know of a different material that i should try. The reason why i am asking is because i want to retire my 9600 and use the 9880 for digital blue proofing and the mylar overlays, i want to leave my 9900 as my hi res proofer only.

Thanks in advance !

I have used the Kodak Clear Inkjet Film, it has two white removable strips on each side of the reel for later Epson models such as the x900 series to recognise the media width.

You could also look into the Epson clear media which I presume has a similar feature (I have not used the Epson media).

Stephen Marsh

Last edited:
You can purchase clear media with leading edge in white - check with your consumables supplier. We've also taped a 12"-18" strip of white paper to the leading edge (white must be same width as your clear roll and it certainly helps the more straight you can get them taped together). Key being that the Epson reads white all the way across the roll so it will cut all the way across.

Try turning off the lights in the room when loading the film. If it works then you can order film with white paper in the roll, that will keep the light from hitting the sensors.

We purchesed material that was slightly opaque and have had no issues on ur 9800. maybe a little tape ant the ends?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back