EPSON 9900 not printing past 40" cuts off printing from driver on mac

Duncan Hyde

Hi Forum,

My EPSON 9900 not printing past 40" cuts off printing from driver on mac from Indesign, I tried creating a custom roll size and also choosing Super B0 roll borderless. I know it can print up to 44" what am i doing wrong. BTW i'm printing on EPSON Signature Worthy Hot press Natural Roll paper for fine art prints.

Help anyone!

Try reloading the paper.

I've seen this happen when the printer senses the wrong size when the paper is loaded. This often happens when the cut along the leading edge of the paper isn't straight.

I'm assuming that you mean it cuts off at 40" width not length that would be another issue.

Hi benstarr,

Sorry, what I mean is it not printing past 40" and its a 44" roll and the preview from the driver window shows the whole image

This may be obvious, but have tried turning everything off and on again? I find when a weird thing like this happens this cures a lot of it.

Sorry, what I mean is it not printing past 40" and its a 44" roll and the preview from the driver window shows the whole image

So it's only printing 40" across the 44" roll? If you haven't already reload the paper. If necessary feed out a little extra and cut the leading edge with the printer's cutter (press cut instead of pause when loading paper) to ensure a straight leading edge.

If you have exhausted operator error with the driver settings, try the latest driver software and potentially update the printer’s firmware.

Stephen Marsh

I had a similar issue using the Mac driver for the Epson SC-T5270 36". When printing from Acrobat, the image would turn or scale with no rhyme or reason. Now I open or place file in Illustrator and it prints just as requested. Weird. I spoke with a guy from Epson, explained all my settings and he assured me it was an application issue, not an operator or printer problem.

Hi Guys Success, I downloaded the drivers again from Epson and re-installed the printer selected Super B0 borderless retain size from indesign print dialogue and its printing the whole 44" - Thanks Stephen!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back