Epson WT7900 using Esko Rip

prepressbb

Is anyone using the WT7900 with the esko rip.?? If so how does the illustrator file set up in terms of printing the white.??

Is anyone using the WT7900 with the esko rip.?? If so how does the illustrator file set up in terms of printing the white.??

I am not certain that Adobe Illustrator set up - or how the PDF is set up - is much different for any of the RIPs, but I may be mistaken. I only have experience using our Compose Star Proof application to drive the Epson WT7900, and we are taking RIPed 1 bit TIFF files to send that to the WT7900.

in the case that you are sending a pdf to our workflow, we can of course print the spot white separately and set everything to overprint this...

YouTube - EPSON WT7900 Output

Below, I have shared a You Tube video that explains how we advise customers whom only have Adobe Illustrator, but this approach might not be required if you have an Esko RIP - here is the link;

YouTube - WhiteSpot_explain

This uses the 'set the white to overprint and put that spot white on top of the artwork' approach...

which means "In Acrobat, go to the Advanced Menu, select Print Production and cascade select Output Preview and be sure "Simulate Overprinting" is check ( on ) so the white overprints the rest of the art and you can see through it...

Also, I created a small PDF that explains how things need to be set up to print the Color-Logic.com "effect proof" with white ink on the Epson Metallic foil substrate on the WT7900 - i attached that pdf to this post (it is named ExplainVers_4.9b.pdf

hope this is helpful in some way...

Attachments

• ExplainVers_4.9b.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 200
Hi michaelejahn,
the problem that i'm having with the WT7900 is being able to print the white using the spot ink option. It works fine with the bounding box(which prints white underneath everything), but using ekso i just cant seem to figure out how to print white with the spot ink option. I have followed all the insstructions from esko and still nothing, its really frustrating when its not as simple as lead on to be... but i have watch almost all of your youtube post and they are very informative for your rip, not much help for me.

I'm currently in the process of contacting esko but thats proving to be a challenge of its own.

Esko Suite 7.6 and WT7900

Esko Suite 7.6 and WT7900

Has anyone had any success connecting an ESKO Suite7 r6 front end to an Epson WT7900. Our Esko rep is telling us it can't be done (you need to upgrade to Suite 10). But I thought I would ask here.

hey christod,
what esko is telling you is correct. You must upgrade to suite10 to use the 7900 with it and there are several reasons, most important one is the addition to the classic color ink book that contains the white.(only way to print white).

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back