Error 467 at Rotoman M

xyz

Hi all,

I have some problems with the machine Rotoman M. It's just stop in the midlle of the printing process. The error is 467 and i don't know what it means. If you have some ideas i will appreciate the help.

Thanks,

hello again,

i forgot to mention that the error 467 has the message "SS (safe stop) main drive 2 (folder engine)" ; we haven't succeeded to fix it up to now; the machine works in general lets say 15 minutes and then suddenlly stops; we need to press "reset" to turn it on again; for those who work in this branch they now how difficult it is (the paper is broken, we have to wash the rubbers etc);

do you have any ideea what could it be? any solutions?

thank you,

Last edited:
Could it be a folder guard or the door at the back where your nip rollers are as the web goes into the first cylinder. Are those nip rollers releasing somehow on the run. Not been on a rotoman for a while so can't say for definate what the error code is. Check the guard and door switches are not loose and vibration causing them to move or that a wire is loose on one of them and causing a short.
What was the last action on the press prior to this happening? Was there a makeready, folder change, folder jam, etc.

Last edited:
Hello and thank you for your answer.

I checked what you had said and actually I have found some weak contacts. But despite of these the machine has stopped for two times today.

So, more details about what is happening: when the press printing runs the web moves left-right or forward – back. To rearrange the web we have to press the button “turner bar1/2” or “cut-off register web ½”. When we push these buttons the machine stops ( the code error apears 467 ss main drive 2) and then we have to press again reset to turn it on. Any other idea what the cause could be?

Sometimes, it stops just like that and when this is happening I don’t know how or from where to begin. We don’t have any explication of this. It is the same code of error.

Thanks,

When you say you are moving your compensators half a turn do you mean half a turn of the bar or half a revolution of a plate cylinder?
If you're moving the cut off compensator half a revolution of a plate cylinder to bring infeed back to position in the folder it sounds like you are clutching the press back in incorrectly. Altering the cutoff compensator this much would cause slack in the tension and casue the sensor to stop the press.
If you are moving the compensators this much and CANNOT find a solution then try to move the compensators a little at a time ie. move the bar a couple of seconds, let go to give the press time to regain tension then move again and repeat.
The web shouldn't be wandering around much on a start/stop.
Don't mean to be rude but was the makeready done propery? ie. Was the reel centred before the infeed tiltbox was set? If not then your tilt box at infeed and before folder are going to be tilted to maximum and this would cause the problem you are describing.
If the press has NOT been clutched in / out before the press is started up and this still happens then this can be ruled out and I would look at tension control.
Check the setting of your nip roller on your chillers and at your infeed just before the first folder cylinder. Also check your knifebox is sharp and all pins are not broken and (althoug unlikely) check your tucker blades are all set correctly which could causing your folder timing to be out.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back