Examine file and metadata in acrobat files - what does it mean?

2mira

if i make examine file from document menu in any pdf file
there is left menu appear for metadata
which i can remover from remove button on bottom
I need to know what is metadata and if its change the file data and photos or not if i remove it - and whom concern on metadata? ?
the photo blow may explain more

Attachments

• photo5305.jpg
    photo5305.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 250
if i make examine file from document menu in any pdf file
there is left menu appear for metadata
which i can remover from remove button on bottom
I need to know what is metadata and if its change the file data and photos or not if i remove it - and whom concern on metadata? ?
the photo blow may explain more

Metadata is “data about data”.

Depending on your workflow and where in the workflow you sit – metadata can be very critical, or something that you may never use or know about.

It could be camera related info, such as the exposure compensation, ISO sensitivity, aperture value or lens info.

It could be a “keyword” which allows you to search and find files that are tagged with a label.

It could be copyright info, or model release info, or anything.

It could be an ICC profile.

There are all sorts of file metadata.

Stephen Marsh

Metadata is “data about data”.

Depending on your workflow and where in the workflow you sit – metadata can be very critical, or something that you may never use or know about.

It could be camera related info, such as the exposure compensation, ISO sensitivity, aperture value or lens info.

It could be a “keyword” which allows you to search and find files that are tagged with a label.

It could be copyright info, or model release info, or anything.

It could be an ICC profile.

There are all sorts of file metadata.

Stephen Marsh
How can I know If it is critical or not important before i remove it?:confused::confused::confused:

I you don't know what it is, then I wouldn't remove it OR make a copy of the file before removing it and test in your workflow. (Metadata is in practically everything these days, Unless the metadata significantly bloats the filesize, I wouldn't waste any time worried about this) . "How can I know if it is critical or not important before I remove it?" is the same as "If i do ______ will it hurt?" no way to know until you do it, or rely on past experience....and that isn't always accurate.

Why do you wish to remove metadata? Just because you can do something, does not mean that you need to or should do something.

I understand the need to sanitise data depending on the intended distribution. In many (but not all) cases, retaining metadata is very valuable, however it of course depends on what the data is and what use the file will be put to.

WHAT metadata has been found that could potentially be removed? In the left hand panel you would need to open up the arrow to expose more info about the metadata.

Stephen Marsh

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back