Experience with Versant 2100?

Criag is right we have the clear ink station and our clients love it. They are also going to offer Metallic Gold and Silver Specialty Dry Inks for the Xerox Color 800/1000 Presses.

When we had our estimate for the Versant vs the 1000, the lease payment was actually $900.00/month less for the 1000 than the Versant. We opted for the 1000 with the Clear option and have not regretted it. We do a lot of wedding invitations and the clear has allowed for many enhancements with dimensional and watermark options. Our install was a little rough on the 1000 but it hasn't stopped running since, the thing is a beast.

I asked about pricing on the 1000, but it was quite a bit higher than the Versant.

I asked about pricing on the 1000, but it was quite a bit higher than the Versant.

It really depends on what's happening in your Xerox rep's territory. Sometimes they are able to get ahold of a demo machine or, one with low impressions that is coming out of another business, etc. You can get a great deal like that every once in a while. Only down-side is you have to take the machine with whatever finishing options and RIP that are currently on it, and, you have a finite, limited time to take the offer. If they know you are interested, they'll keep an ear to the ground for one.

-MailGuru

Our install was new out of the box. You need to hit them at the end of the quarter for good pricing, end of the year is even better. That is when they are MOST aggressive, also make sure you are dealing with the right people, I happen to have a Xerox Authorized Sales Agent that is the best! He comes through whenever I need anything!!

...I happen to have a Xerox Authorized Sales Agent that is the best! He comes through whenever I need anything!!

No Craig, MINE is the best! LOL! I second this comment as I deal with an Authorized Sales Agent as well. It's the closest you get to the mothership without dealing with Xerox directly. Each quarter, they tend to run sales and specials as well so ask your rep about those.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back