Fastbind Pureva and a goog laminator

Hi All,

You helped me here couple of times, so I'm back for more.

I'm looking to produce customised covers for my customers (I'm a small publisher) usual run is between 50 to 500 copies per customer.

My books (A5 Format) are printed on 100 or 115 gsm silk paper
covers are usually one sided laminated 200 gsm silk paper

at the moment everything is done by contractor, but due to the incresing quantities and waiting time I have to look into in-house binding. Because quality is one of my priorities I'm looking at PUR glue as oppose to EVA. Just recently I came across Fastbind PUREVA. I'm wondering if anybody here has any experience with this machine (I know it is pretty new invention). I'm wondering what is a cost of binding per book, what is a real number of books person can make in an hour? How reliable is it?

Also I'm looking for a good single sided (SRA3) laminator. Budget would be about 5k euro.

Thanks for all the advise!

FF

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back