FastImpose Users???

Yes, we are using FastImpose with AE12.2. We specializes in commercial printing (sheetfed and webfed). Do you have any more questions?

So there is someone else using FI:)

How do you have it configured? How is it incorporated in your workflow? Do you have custom dynamic marks, i.e. center marks if the sheet that would dynamically reposition
them self to the different sheet sizes.

I am trying to set ours up so that we can get the standard marks auto apply to the sheet.

Last edited:
Well, I guess like many others we have a bunch of signature templates, plate templates and assembly templates. We use a naming convention for .sig and .pla files in order select the right file every time. I must say not all, but some plate templates have their plate marks very well positioned to accomplish what you mentioned. The same happens with the assembly marks. Another good thing are the SmartNames. We have created imposition templates for the major part of our products, so we normally don't need to create a new imposition from scratch. In fact, for some jobs instead of using FI we use the page/imposition gallery from Pilot. The level of automation that the software offers goes beyond all this, and to be honest, we haven't reached that level.

What I am trying to do is get the horizontal center and 2 vertical center marks dynamic. So when the sheet size changes, the center marks will recenter to the new size.
Do you if this can be accomplished? I can seem to get them on the .pla file.

All plate marks in FastImpose are dynamic by their very nature in the positioning tab of the mark properties. Both horizontal and vertical positions are based on relationships to some feature of the layout be it paper (sheet), plate, signature(s), gripper, etc.. Just make sure that the positional relationships are correct in your mark properties.
See ‘Mark related tasks’ at the bottom of the list. http://help.esko.com/docs/en-us/fastimpose/12/userguide/home.html

Last edited:
These are the marks I want to exist in the plate template and dynamically change as the sheet size changes.

Attachments

• Sheet Center Marks.pdf
    484.2 KB · Views: 230
Just set the mark alignment according to the PAPER using Horizontal and Vertical Lines

Use Vertical Line and Paper Center and Paper Top for the Top of the sheet.

Use Horizontal Line and Paper Left and Paper Centre for the left side.

Use Horizontal Line and Paper Right and Paper Centre for the right side.

Let me know if you require more clarification.

Cheers

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back