Feedback On Our New Product ? Vegan Leather Business Cards

PrintingFools

Everyone here has always been great in the past.
Regardless of whether I was helping solve a problem or asking a question.

#1. This is why .....After 2 years of development.
I am VERY PROUD to launch our new Vegan Leather Business Cards.
I would love to share with the "printplanet" group and get your feedback.

#2. We MIGHT start offering them wholesale if there is enough interest.
As we do already print for many printers.
But, for now we are just focusing on our local retail customers.

#3. Keep in mind these are very expensive.
They also take not one but 2 dies to be made.

#4. How do we make these?
We can make them 1 or 2 sided, painted edges included.
I would say they may be a 58 or 60 point thickness when done. They are not floppy and not too stiff either.
We have metal dies made for each side. We emboss the front and the back separately on different machines, but at once.
The embossing is very deep. We have been trying to get it up to a full millimeter in depth. Right now, we have passed 1/2 millimeters with no problem. Then we glue the 2 pieces of leather together. It is trimmed and then the edges are airbrushed. Customers can upgrade to sewn edges. This gives a frame of stitching all the way around.

#5. During covid and our staff shortage, it took us around 3 weeks total. This included design ( 3 days ), getting the design approved ( 1-2 days ), ordering dies ( 9 days ), making the product front , making product back, waiting and watching glue dry ( lol watching glue must make it dry slower ) 4 days just for the glue.

BELOW I AM INCLUDING A LINK - To our instagram ....so that everyone can see them .

REDLINE | Print Group In Las Vegas
Unveils World's First Vegan Leather Business Cards™
LAS VEGAS, Dec. 28, 2021 VEGAN PRINTING NEWSLETTER —
REDLINE | Print Group is the leading world manufacturer of Vegan Printing with its facilities located in Las Vegas, Nevada

I would say they may be a 58 or 60 point thickness when done. They are not floppy and not too stiff either.
We have metal dies made for each side. We emboss the front and the back separately on different machines, but at once.
The embossing is very deep. We have been trying to get it up to a full millimeter in depth. Right now, we have passed 1/2 millimeters with no problem. Then we glue the 2 pieces of leather together. It is trimmed and then the edges are airbrushed. Customers can upgrade to sewn edges. This gives a frame of stitching all the way around.

#5. During covid and our staff shortage, it took us around 3 weeks total. This included design ( 3 days ), getting the design approved ( 1-2 days ), ordering dies ( 9 days ), making the product front , making product back, waiting and watching glue dry ( lol watching glue must make it dry slower ) 4 days just for the glue.

BELOW I AM INCLUDING A LINK - To our instagram ....so that everyone can see them .

REDLINE | Print Group is the leading world manufacturer of Vegan Printing with its facilities located in Las Vegas, Nevada
I am admittedly unsure what the target audience would be for this product (perhaps vegan butchers / ranchers?), but I hope you find your niche.

Perhaps target leather goods/premium luggage vendors. This could also open opportunities for similar sized product with a slightly different purpose.

One question: why?
We have a large market in Luxury Printing. Many of our clients are looking for ideas that are new ( fresher than theri competition ) . As well as will make them stand out as a VIP service or VIP products. To them the more unique the better. Example: One of our clients is an Attorney for a very very famous politician. This lawyer purchased 48 point cards with faux gold dust painted on the edges.

Perhaps target leather goods/premium luggage vendors. This could also open opportunities for similar sized product with a slightly different purpose.
You are SPOT-ON ! Our first person to buy these is a company that makes Leather purses and accessories

I am admittedly unsure what the target audience would be for this product (perhaps vegan butchers / ranchers?), but I hope you find your niche.
Thank you for your nice words. So far we have sold some to a company that makes leather purses. We are going after the Cigar industry next, as in Cigar Bars, Small Cigar Companies, Cigar makers. Then on to anything high-end, where leather is an upgrade. Even luxury car dealerships and expensive furniture stores.

The original may fight back:

Plastic cards would also be vegan. Is your product plant based or does it include plastic? Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) or polyurethane (PU) or?

Last edited:
If I wanted 250, what approximate cost am I looking at?

QTY 500 = $498 includes Layout & Design, proofing, any graphic changes needed, 2 sided, embossing, painted edges, and round corners

QTY 1000 = $798 includes Layout & Design, proofing, any graphic changes needed, 2 sided, embossing, painted edges, and round corners

We have been working hard to bring the price down. It started at $3.00 a card, we have been able to get that down to 0.79 cents. We won't be offering 250 as that makes the cards way too expensive per piece. We just officially launched them this week. We have sold one order of 1,000 cards for RETAIL and we charged $1298.00

Hi I didn’t see anything on your Instagram but I am interested in the vegan leather in heavy weights. Can you send more info?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back