Flexo Lenticular

This doesn't seem like the right link. It's mostly discussing finances??

Here's the right link to the article he mentioned (the content on our main blog page changes daily):

Grow Your Biz: A blog about end to end solutions that help you grow in the graphic communications industry. - Adding Depth To The Capabilities Of Flexo Printing: Lenticular

This discusses the new Kodak Flexcel NX system, which is capable of lenticular due to it's use of our SQUAREspot imaging technology and Trendsetter imaging platform, plus a new plate system capable of extremely fine, robust, flat-topped dots on the plate.

Kevin Cazabon / Kodak.

Last edited:
Interesting article.
We are the Dallas printer they mention doing the Narnia posters on the Kodak flexcel.
We do lenticular also but have yet to do it with flexo.
May have to try one out now.

hmmmm...

David - I've seen those posters... cool stuff! I would never have believed they were printed flexo if I hadn't seen it done on the video.

Lenticular is kind of a hobby of mine, so I can't wait to see the cool new realms that adventurous printers like yourselves bring the art into using the Flexcel NX system.

Kevin.

yeah, it was a trick to do.

There was the big Flexo convention here in Dallas earlier this year and we had about 200 people come through the prepress dept. for a tour.

cool stuff.

but, unlike you, lentic is not my hobby, sometimes it can be a serious pain in the a$$, other times it's so easy you wonder what you did different to make it work.

ahh, life in printing, gotta love it.

>>but, unlike you, lentic is not my hobby, sometimes it can be a serious pain in the a$$, other times it's so easy you wonder what you did different to make it work.

Yes, I do have the luxury of calling it a hobby (high quality one-off pieces, rather than production work)... it's one of those things that is so easy to do badly, that it has gained a bad reputation over the years. However, every once in a while when you see it done "right", it's absolutely astounding. That's precisely why I called it an "art" still. Although technology is certainly making it easier, you need training, skill, and patience to do it well.

Hopefully, being able to do it with Flexo now using the NX system it will make it one big step easier, and we'll see high-end work more commonly. FYI - we do have a relationship in some regions with HumanEyes for this, and if you need any support or info we can help.

Kevin. / Kodak

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back