Fogra

Basia

A client of mine is asking for images in FOGRA ISO coated v2 profile.
Is that the same as Coated Fogra 39? or 27? or is it a completely different profile ?
If so, where can I get it? I don't usually handle the print side of things as I'm a retoucher, so any information/explanation would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your reply, Stephen.

so ISO Coated v2(ECI) (in CS3)= Coated Fogra 39 (ISO 1264712:2004) (In CS6)?

Thanks for your reply, Stephen.

so ISO Coated v2(ECI) (in CS3)= Coated Fogra 39 (ISO 1264712:2004) (In CS6)?

The ECI profile comes from ECI.org using the F39 characterisation data, while the second profile comes from Adobe using the same characterisation data. Both profiles will have different settings and different results such as GCR, as they are made by different profile generation packages (just as the other links I provided are made from different software using the same input data).

Stephen Marsh

ISO Coated v2 and Fogra 39 are almost identical from what I have seen. Ive attached an image with both profiles loaded.

Attachments

• 39iso.jpg
    39iso.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 193
ISO Coated v2 and Fogra 39 are almost identical from what I have seen. Ive attached an image with both profiles loaded.

AFAIK they are both based off the same characterisation/measurement data (F39L), so they should be “exactly” the same (apart from the differences introduced by various profile generation packages).

Stephen Marsh

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back