Fonts & Snow Leopard

RVNG

I am in a Prepress environment and shocking enough 99.99% of time I don’t use Suitcase Fusion. I have it for managing system fonts and the odd font that doesn’t cooperate but other than that I've had great success with simply copying and deleting fonts from the User/Library/Fonts folder. Lazy, I know.

The only problem I've had is the rare time a font won’t empty through the trash when I’m done with it, however I 've found that a quick logout/login takes care of it.

Anyway, my question – I will be upgrading to snow leopard soon and was wondering how it is dealing with fonts? Anything different? or is it the same idea, with the multitude of font locations?

Should I be using Font Suitcase fully again under the new OS? or is my same procedure available to me?

Thanks,
RG

In the spirit of answering my own question... I completely forgot about this website, great resource as I recall.

RG

Couriergraphics,

Looks like a nice font manager, I will keep this in mind.

thanks
RG

Thanks, actually I purchasing right now. The overview video on the website is very impressive. It's too bad Suitcase couldn't get there product together sooner, that's business I guess.

We use the user/font folder like you. The OS does a better job of sorting out what it needs then a font manager and no issues with font's not loading or corrupt caches.

p

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back