FusionPro Help

We print a newsletter every month with the address block and sometimes a couple other spots with vdp. We have a Xerox 700 that we usually send the static data to and then create a document with the vdp using FusionPro. We've done this for years. This month, when we send out the vdp to print on the master page held on the Xerox, there are big void areas on the master page. The same thing happened with a postcard job we recently did. To test it, I did a simple mail merge in Word and sent it to the machine to print on the master page and everything prints fine. I can't find anything like this problem in the FusionPro forums and have contacted FusionPro about it, but they haven't gotten back to me yet. Has anyone experienced any problem like this? I would appreciate any help at all.

Your merging the pdf to an existing file on the 700?? We changed to sending ppml when we got our 770. What rip do you have, ours is a Fiery

dabob,

We create the static master in Indesign, but convert to pdf. Send that to the Xerox as a master page. Then we create the merge data using Fusion Pro, which creates a pdf file to send to the rip (we use a Fiery EX) and marry it with the static master. That way it doesn't have to rip the master every time. If we sent it all at once, the file is so huge it takes hours to rip. How do you send the ppml file?

you just copy it to a "hot folder" and the fiery treats it like a normal job as far as I know . .. our operator is off today so I can't check his end of the workflow but this is how I understand it - will check with him on monday and let you know

Creative . . . just talked to my operator and as he recalls he processes the ppml pretty much the same as the pdfs I send him . . . but they process way faster than sending a pdf - i would check with your xerox technical person . . .

Thanks dabob. We're upgrading to the C75 in a few weeks, so I'll make sure to get the Xerox trainer to go over that with us. Do you create the pdf's that you send to the operator with FusionPro?

Used to but that made ripping the files take for ever . .. thats why we went to ppml . . good luck

Thanks dabob. We're upgrading to the C75 in a few weeks, so I'll make sure to get the Xerox trainer to go over that with us. Do you create the pdf's that you send to the operator with FusionPro?

You can create the pdf in anything - my choice is InDesign and then add the variable in fusion - generate the ppml and off to the Xerox . . .
:)

I used the short version of the name . . . I just call it fusion . . I'm old and my fingers are lazy . . .

Oh, ok. I thought you meant you didn't use FusionPro at all. We also create the pdf in InDesign and add the variable in FusionPro. I guess that it the point where we would generate the ppml file. I think I get it now. Thank you so much for your help.

They are quicker - the only thing I don't like about it is you can't easily view it before sending it . . . glad to help

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back