G7 Looks flat

Raymond Ramirez

OK folks I need a little help. When it comes to grey balance I am somewhat limited. I read the sheets and brought the customer into proper grey
Balance but now his files look flat. I am thinking his customer's files are in question. The proofer using Oris matches his press but looks
Flat.... The target looks good Proof and printed but his files look bad

Ray,

What are you using to verify grey? You're welcome to send me the CGATS file of the P2P area and I'll take a look at it to verify your readings.

You can message me and I'll give you my e-mail.

If your proofing profile matches your press conditions and the proof looks flat then it sounds like you need to have adjustments made to the file to increase contrast to reduce the flat appearance. If the proof looks flat then the press sheet most certainly will...that is if the proofing profile is accurate and represents the press conditions. And also if the press runs consistently per the press sheets used to create the proofing profile.

How different are the dot gain adjustment curves before and after grey balance adjustment?
Is a profile used to separate jobs? If it is, is that profile in sync with the new curves?

Thanks Gordo I will.
Aaron this customer is in Las Vegas. I did what you had suggested last time. The press gains are for M/C are around 16-18 Y=13 B=19-20. As I said the GATF target looks good using the customer D19C dens. In my eye and the customers eye the 3 levels of grey with the road in it are so close. and the grey builds on the edge of the sheet look good. I am wondering if the IPcolorgirl might be correct. I just sent the customer a different target... I guess it might be a case of garbage in garbage out.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back