GalileoVS laser

RVNG

Does anyone know how to tell what wattage of laser a Galileo has? 5mW / 60mW?

thanks,
RG

Thanks Jon.
I thought some systems may have recieved an upgrade a few years after they were introduced that brought them up to 60mW?
I could be mistaken,
RG

The VE, VS and VXT did support N91V plates at some point, they must have used 30 mwatt diodes. At least that's what the 2004/2005 specs say.

All Galileo did start with 5mW laser...Later in 2005 it was possible to upgrade to 60mW (for customer who wanted togo with N91V Photopolymer plates). Next to that the 5mW did fade out, so if the 5mW laser did need to be replecaed a 60mW was installed.

Yes.
5 mW diode replaced with a 60 mW version.
The CLDM no longer uses a Thermal Electric Cooler (TEC).
A new heater control board added to the CLDM.
24 V heaters on the diode plate and the Asphere assembly.
Jumper added to Galileo VXT 4C boards to configure TEC function (off).
A new signal conditioning board added to the carriage for diode cal pulse.
New edge detect sensor for use with N91V Photopolymer plates application only.

Hope this will help.

contact me if you need help.

[email protected]

Thanks for all your responses. What I was after is if there is a way of telling what laser I have currently by looking under the hood (in laymans terms, thanks anyway Farshad)... a serial number on the laser device or a board number or a marking of somekind on the internal systems.

Thanks,
RG

Last edited:
Has anyone every upgraded a Galileo VS from a 5mW to a 60mW laser? Just wondering what the ballpark costs would be?

RG

Has anyone every upgraded a Galileo VS from a 5mW to a 60mW laser? Just wondering what the ballpark costs would be?

RG
Thousands... because the normal procedure is a whole Carriage replacement, but if "Armia" can do that replacement chipper why do not try? :)

Last edited:
I have a Galileo with complete package. Need to upgrade with 60MW laser for doing Photopolymer plates.
How much I will spend?

I have a Galileo with complete package. Need to upgrade with 60MW laser for doing Photopolymer plates.
How much I will spend?

Is it Galileo VS or VXT?
You need complete Carriage replacement as Vlad mentioned.There is no upgrade kit of any kind.The New Carriage can be used for Process less as well as Polymer Plates. Not to mention that you have to consider a Polymer Processor or Clean up unit.The LP-150 or
LP-82 simply doesn't work if you switch to Process less or Polymer plates.
I confirm Vlad's statement " thousand of dollars"! I can provide you with a quote included the installation cost. I would like to know if your Galileo is Vs or VXT . Are you located in Canada or US?
If Vlad would like to install the carriage, he is welcome to provide you with an Installation quote and I know he is a reasonable and experienced Engineer!!

The second option is to provide you with Free samples of Silver Halide Plates(Lap-V Ultra compatible ) which is also compatible with Agfa Developer and Chemistry from a new Manufacturer "Shipping cost not included".
We are at preliminary stage of distribution of this new product in Canada for 5 mw and 60 mw Silver Halide Compatible Carriage.
Note: Upgrade kit is available for 5mw to 60mw Carriage if you still prefer to use Silver Halide Plates at Higher energy!

If you need additional information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Farshad

Home
[email protected]

Last edited:
Galileo VS laser

Galileo VS laser

Yes, it is a VS.
What will be the cost of the silver plates? Maybe I do not need an upgrade?
The process less plates need a 60MW laser?
Would be nice if I could expose these on the Galileo. A clean-up unit is not too expensive.

I am located in the south of brazil, about 800 miles from Buenos Aires and 1100 miles from Sao Paulo.

With silver plates from AGFA, I cannot compete with the Basysprint systems. They expose regular plates at 10 to 15 US$. But my quality is still the highest around.

I stopped my production about a year agou. Need to turn on the machine again or sell it as replacement parts.

If I could see a light with a not too costly upgrade, I will continue to output plates.

Yes, it is a VS.
What will be the cost of the silver plates? Maybe I do not need an upgrade?
The process less plates need a 60MW laser?
Would be nice if I could expose these on the Galileo. A clean-up unit is not too expensive.

I am located in the south of brazil, about 800 miles from Buenos Aires and 1100 miles from Sao Paulo.

With silver plates from AGFA, I cannot compete with the Basysprint systems. They expose regular plates at 10 to 15 US$. But my quality is still the highest around.

I stopped my production about a year agou. Need to turn on the machine again or sell it as replacement parts.

If I could see a light with a not too costly upgrade, I will continue to output plates.

Hi,

Please find the answers to your questions as follows:

What will be the cost of the silver plates? Maybe I do not need an upgrade? I can provide you with a quote, if you let me know the sizes and the volume of your purchases monthly. It isn't process less Plates.
The process less plates need a 60MW laser? Yes, You need the Carriage Replacement from 5 mw to 60 mw.
Would be nice if I could expose these on the Galileo. A clean-up unit is not too expensive. It will Cost you a lot on the Laser Replacement, but it is your decision. It is better to find the cost of Process less Plates, before making any decision. However, if you have environment issue a Neutralizer and Filtration system can solve this issue. I can quote you on that as I have the dealership of few products.

I am located in the south of brazil, about 800 miles from Buenos Aires and 1100 miles from Sao Paulo. I can introduce you Matheus Bertola <[email protected]>. He is my direct and trusted engineer in Sao Paulo. However, he might know other local Engineers to provide you with Proper Service and Installation.

With silver plates from AGFA, I cannot compete with the Basysprint systems. They expose regular plates at 10 to 15 US$. But my quality is still the highest around. With our Plates you can. It is much cheaper than Agfa, but I need the volume and your shipping address in order to quote you on that. We need to consider the shipping and custom cost in Brazil as well. It shouldn't be hard to calculate the final cost of the plates compared to the ones from Agfa.

I stopped my production about a year agou. Need to turn on the machine again or sell it as replacement parts.. Galileo Vs machine is still a good machine with high quality. If you want to sell it as spare parts, nobody will buy them from you as fast as you think. The best choice is to contact local Freelance Engineers. They may buy them from you on need to use bases. I can also buy some of them from you, but you need to wait to sell them for a long time.

Hope this will help.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back