Getting Black Screen after making edits - Acrobat DC - MacOS

Dmiller35

After the latest PitStopPro update that fixed the issue that Acrobat broke, I've been having issues when trying to make edits. Often when editing, my screen will go black and I have to close the file and re-open. Sometimes it will go away for a while if I completely close Acrobat and reopen but it eventually always comes back. Is anyone else having this issue? (Acrobat ver 2021.007.20091, PitstopPro ver 21.0.3.0)

Might be worth contacting Enfocus support.
I've not heard of this before, but it would be worth logging so they can discuss with Development.

After the latest PitStopPro update that fixed the issue that Acrobat broke, I've been having issues when trying to make edits. Often when editing, my screen will go black and I have to close the file and re-open. Sometimes it will go away for a while if I completely close Acrobat and reopen but it eventually always comes back. Is anyone else having this issue? (Acrobat ver 2021.007.20091, PitstopPro ver 21.0.3.0)
Quite a few users are reporting that the application will start flickering. Acrobat did another small update after the Pitstop fix. Not sure if that contributed to it. Acrobat seems to hesitate when opening the first time and refresh issues have gotten slower. All my group have noticed this. I see the flickering when I turn on Output Preview. When I close it, the flickering usually stops.

Last edited:
Not seeing it on our Macs which are all running either Mojave, Catalina, or Big Sur with the same version of Acrobat and Pitstop.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back