GMG version 5

JasonM

We are looking to upgrade to new proofers as well as the new version of GMG (version 5). We are being told that there is quite a difference with this new version and we should get training. Is there anyone using the new version that had an older and is there much difference?

I am using it for some time now. I would say it's much easier, faster and better after the initial getting used to the new interface. Everything is based on "proof standard" which is a new concept. This is bullet proof solution. It's not possible to make a bad proof as everything needed is pulled automatically from SQL database. The setup is totally different from ver 4. There is nothing you cannot do yourself if you like to read the new excellent manual. It needs attention but it can be done bu the end user.

GMG v5

GMG v5

we have GMG, EFI and CGS in our lab.
GMG v5 is SOOOOO much better (than older version) and uses the PDF print engine.

You may need one day on-site training. There are mnay good consultants out there.
If you want a more cost effective paper (than GMG 250), please let me know.

we have over 30 GMG customers who use our paper and love it.....and the save 40% per roll.
Cheers,
Ian

Chromaticity | Home

Just installed o5 on a test box

So far much better than 4.5

Anyone know if profile editor is meant to be included with o5? from the documentation it looks like it is.

I was under the impression that since o5 it is included? the gmg documentation its listed under included instead of option

It used to be called gmg colorproof and colorproof remote. Remote did not come with PE. If you had remote of ver 4 or 4.5 you will not have PE. I believe now it will be called gmg colorproof pro (with PE) and gmg colorproof (no PE).

Price for ColorProof 05

Price for ColorProof 05

Anyone who has idea on the price of ColorProof 05 with PE and without PE
Some websites is quite confusing whether their package includes PE or not

Price depends on the version and options and printer licenses you have. Contact your reseller or gmg for the upgrade price.

If you have ver 4.0 - 4.1 you will pay once for the upgrade to ver 4.5 and again for the upgrade to ver 5. You can jump from ver 4 to ver 5 skipping ver 4.5 but you will still have to pay for the upgrade twice as ver 4.5 was not free update.

Profile Editor...

Profile Editor...

There are now 3 flavours of GMG:-

Media Pro - GMG Media only
Standard - Import Custom MX3s and MX4s
Full - included profile editor so you can create your own MX3 or MX4

THat's how is is priced up in the UK anyway...only 1 printer supported straight out of the box, and brand new features including Calibration Sets and Proof Standards...

now I am NOT technical, I am sales, but it all looks pretty good and user friendly to me...

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back