Goal setting and performance management

msramjauny

Hello everybody!!! I am Salim and a new commer to print planet. I am implementing a performance management system at my company and would like to hear about your experience in this. I am leading a lean implementation and would like to learn more about:
  1. What results are you measuring?
  2. What type of indicators are you putting in place?
  3. What standards of performance have you set for these indicators?
Of course I understand that each organisation is different and the things they set out to achieve are different and goals are closely linked to these.

If you feel like it, you can also drop me a line directly on [email protected]

Hoping to hear from you all soon.

Salim

Salim,

Welcome to PrintPlanet! As you said, a performance measurement system must be tailored to fit the needs of the individual company. However, in general, your performance measurement system should be derived from your business strategy, and it should be designed to measure how well your strategy is performing. This is the basic principle that underlies the Balanced Scorecard approach to performance management. The same principle is also a core part of the hoshin kanri approach to performance management. Hoshin kanri planning is a tool used by many lean organizations. Feel free to contact me directly at [email protected] if you'd like to discuss this further.

By the way, you might want to also post your questions in the PrintPlanet Lean Manufacturing forum.

Good luck.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back