Grease resistant paper

tamale

Does anyone have experience with printing grease resistant paper for the food packaging industry ?

What kind of inks do you use for offset, flexo or gravure?

I appreciate you input :)

Tamale

Talk to your ink supplier. You can get in really big trouble if the ink is not safe for food contact. I would not recommend you get your answer from any old person on this forum. You can get sued if someone ends up getting sick from this.

Colorcon is the only company I know of who makes food safe inks: Inks with FDA Approved Components from Colorcon No-Tox Products

If the finished piece will be indirect food contact you may be able to use a aqueous barrier coating. Check with your coating supplier.

The correct conventional offset inks, for drying & adhesion, will be fully oxidizing 100% solids designed specifically for this substrate. This is something you should also communicate to Colorcon or your ink supplier.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back