Greyscale changes to colour when ripped

morry

Hi

I have a file that is created in Illustrator CS4, consisting of text and vector images. All parts are 1 colour (K) only. This file is then PDF'd, and additionally converted to greyscale using PDF Preflight in Acrobat 9. The PDF is then printed to printer, and also dropped into a hot folder. The printer is a DocuColour 5252, running a Fiery RIP.

When the PDF that was printed to the RIP is ripped and printed, it prints correctly using K only. However, when it is dropped into the hot folder and ripped and printed, the text changes CMYK.

Does anyone know what would cause this?

If you need any further information, please let me know

Thanks

Michael

Gray as color

Gray as color

Dear Morry,

Not from Xerox but form Océ.
You are probably using within the colormanagement settings the setting "'output GCR"'
You should put this to "'source GCR"'.

This can be defaulted on the EFI controller or as you are working in the Hotfolder you are using.

Kind regards

Thank your for your suggestions. I am on leave at the moment. When I return I will let you know how I go

Adobe Illustrator CS4 Colors Switching to Greyscale Issue

Adobe Illustrator CS4 Colors Switching to Greyscale Issue

Hello Michael,

This post may help you...
“If you’ve ever run into this annoying little Illustrator problem, it can be very frustrating, but it has a simple fix. Every so often you may find that no matter what color you select, Illustrator converts your selection to grayscale…”

Basically, it appears to be a nasty bug, which it sounds like you are encountering here. Here is more info and he simple solution (Preflight the native file first basically.):

Greyscale color problem in Adobe Illustrator - FlightCheck and correct it…

Hope this helps,
David
Markzware

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back