Halftone - Konica Minolta 6500 & Fiery RIP

jbh

Anybody have any luck producing halftones on the KM6500 & Fiery? Either through the Graphics Arts Package or using third party software.
I've tried using a third party RIP to create halftones but cannot get the frequency or screen angles right, keeps giving me a moire pattern.
I'm trying to re-create what the Creo does on the Xerox - i.e. Dot 150 or Dot 200 etc.

Anybody have any ideas?

Look in your user manual for screen type. Change it to "Type 2" for DOT 2 and LINE 2 (this is on the engine). Then chose DOT 2 or LINE 2 from your screen options in your job. This will produce an engine generated halftone.

Just for fun, this wasn't a scanned image from a printed original was it? If so you'll get a moire regardless (unless you remove it in a photo manipulating application) due to screening a print that was already screened.

Just for fun, this wasn't a scanned image from a printed original was it? If so you'll get a moire regardless (unless you remove it in a photo manipulating application) due to screening a print that was already screened.

Yeah, this correct. If this is a scanned image from a magazine or something your gonna have trouble trying to get rid of the moire without adding a gaussian blur or something.

No guys, not a scanned image!! I actually want a dot pattern because the fiery normally produces everything continuous tone, which for most things is fine, but when it comes to a large area of a tint (say 20% black) it looks crap! I can use a Dot 150 on my Xerox 5252 or Xerox 250 through the Creo RIP, but have no option for this on the fiery, clients are complaining about the inferior look!

Right, well changing the screen to type 2 will resolve this but in saying that line 1 should improve this some what also.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back