Harlequin naming help

betterimp

I would like the HQ rip to use the outside name from pdf to name the tiff files/page buffers. Can someone help me with a fix for this? It uses the inside name unless inside name is blank.

Thanks,

Mike

Fairly easy. Provided your rip is version 6 onwards you can activate the "Use jobname as filename" PageFeature in all your PageSetup dialog boxes - you will find a checkbox to 'enable Page Features' or something like that, immediately below the dpi resolution of the device.

You can also go to Xitron's website and under support find page features for different name issues.They have them for newer and older version rips.

Hi Maxon

Hi Maxon

Fairly easy. Provided your rip is version 6 onwards you can activate the "Use jobname as filename" PageFeature in all your PageSetup dialog boxes - you will find a checkbox to 'enable Page Features' or something like that, immediately below the dpi resolution of the device.

I got an RTI v8.0 and when I activate the checkbox and choose "Use jobname as filename" the output-filename will still wont be the same as the original filename.. :(
Got any solution?

/ Magnus

Hi Magnus,
Check enable feature and select the "Input Channel Name" page feature. Depending on the version of the RIP you may not have this particular page feature available but below are the two latest page features which can be copied into the Hard Drive / RTI / SW / Page Features folder then enabled in your page setup by clicking ENABLE FEATURE and selecting the page feature. I know that you already have "Filename equals jobname" so you may not need to download that one.

Attachments

• Input Channel NAME.zip
    386 bytes · Views: 217
  • Filename equals Jobname.txt.zip
    432 bytes · Views: 195

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back