Heatset Full web

1st op, 2nd op, and a helper or two, depending on if the auto stacker works or how fast we runnin.

1 Operator for ink / water adjustment, 1 operator for Registration & folding adjustment,1 unit attendent for checking the ink levels & fountain solution level, if manual. 1 reel stand operator depending upon the speed of the press & diameter of paper roll used for printing. 1/2 helper is required for stacking the bundles.

One thing to consider is who will run the press when, not if, someone calls in sick, goes on vacation, gets arrested, etc? A bare bones crew leads to these kinds of problems.....

reply to dan

reply to dan

I totally agree with you about 3man having problems with absentism etc etc thats why when the management wanted to do away with 4man crews...... I talked them into crosstraining the two extra men I had left from my double shift operation to run sheetfed or work in bindery, warehouse etc etc now when somebody drops out I have them covered..... I have 6men now that are capable of running 2,4,8/c sheetfed presses and still run my m200 4/c and hanscho 5/c it took a couple years but my flexibility in the pressroom is enourmous I can handle anything they throw at us......I love my job....... thanks steve

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back