Heidelberg CPC 1.02

Manprint

Does anyone know how to change the ink zone profile of CPC console or if anyone worked with DOS program of Heidelberg DI (GTO-DI 1993/1994). Also if anyone has english manual of CPC console -sadly have it in German-.
Press have a GUI to image plates and calculate densities of ink zones but the values given to console -ink keys/fountain values- are way too low and i was wondering how to compensate by lowering or raising values from CPC or software -unfortunately no preferences seem to exist for software mainly .exe .bat files-.

Thank you in advance

I do not remember if there is a compensation button on the DI CPC console. There used to be a function where you were able to make a compensation for low or high ink values. You would enter a percentage into the compensation and then read it in after you received your ink profile from pre-press. This was on non-DI presses. I am more familiar with the all QM DI presses which enabled you to make changes to ink profiles by increasing or decreasing values. There were a number of memories available where you could make ink compensation. They were located in the Service function of the DI GUI.
The GTO DI GUI may be similar. If the function is there then you can make changes to the profile that you get from the DOS computer. For example, if your Yellow values are too low, you could increase the value by percentage and save it. When a new job comes to the press the ink value sent from the computer will be corrected to give you a higher value. If you could post a picture of the menus on the Graphic Unit Interface of the press I might be able to help you a little more,

No Title

Here is a pic of the program, there are utils that tampers with density adjustment but i think it affects the laser imaging.
There is a way to change the characteristic curves but i think its only for ductor strokes in accordance to speed -all zones button+flashing warning button+1/2/3/4 station and +/- buttons till +99%/-99%-. I guess its the very first try of Presstek/Heidelberg to make this thing work

Attachments

• photo5257.jpg
    photo5257.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 217
Select the Utilities menu and see if there is a sub-menu that might be called Ink Curves or Ink compensation. You might have the option of adjusting your ink values up or down and save them into a memory titled M1, M2, M3 etc, On the QM Di they had a Special Functions button with sub menus where you fix the register adjust diodes etc there were nine memories available where different compensations could be entered and saved to account for different ink manufacturers. I think that the Utilites is where you be looking to help you with this problem.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back