Heidelberg Makes Great Presses, But.........

D Ink Man

I would like to apologize to MarkTonk, Vee and perhaps some other representatives from the great company of Heidelberg. I have issued some replies in some of the threads in regards to Heidelberg supplying consumables along with their press equipment and installations. It is certain that Heidelberg has done much beta testing, trialing of various consumables which seem to be advantagous for print and run properties on the various Heidelberg models. And, Heidelberg does have the right to free enterprise in making recommendations for what they feel are the best products to run on this equipment. As we all know however, we can take what is seemingly identical presses and all consumable products being the same, and get somewhat different results at Printer A and Printer B. That is the magic of Lithography. Now matter how we all try to turn it into a science, printing is still an art. I just want to clear the air and say I respect Heidelberg very much and respect their approach to supplying products with their presses. If the printer is satisfied that these products are performing well and Heidelberg is providing a rapid, effective service mode than please continue doing business in this manner. With that said, I still will state that the consumable manufaturers with their products and services should be on the ready and on the sidelines to assist a printer as needed. But I have come to the conclusion that this is the printer's decision and he will and should be the one that makes the decision as to which consumables his company will use. If they are Heidelberg supplied, fine. If they are not, that is OK too. Again I want to apologize to Heidelberg, it was not my intention to maim or hurt your reputation and I stand by the fact that your presses are among the best on this planet of ours. Respectfully, D Ink Man. 09/30/10 NOT SURE anymore about your presses being among the best; perhaps you have moved your concentrations elsewhere and sort of slipped? Just a thought from from my sensory receptors. D

Last edited:
Very contrite, D, hope they didn't slap you around too hard. It appears that you have found the outer envelope where free speech meets business. A very gray NPDC area.

John Lind
Cranberry Township, PA
724-776-4718

Consider this my resignation from this forum in protest.

I have rather strong feelings about any vendor muscling people from speaking freely and openly without the overt or direct threat of defamation. I've read most of your posts regarding this subject D and although they may be passionate I did not find they were not defamatory in any regard. I know of another former user who had a similar run-in with a vendor who simply said F*&K these forums. This user didn't do anything other than embarrass the vendor by complaining that a problem could not be resolved despite many service calls.

Perhaps a better slogan than Learn, Teach, Debate would be: Advertise, Push Marketing Material FUD, and Litigate

Just for the record, we have no knowledge of any conversation between either parties here. We have always been a proponent of speaking openly and honestly about any product or service as long as you are speaking from personal experience and in a civil and mature way.

Ok,

I find this interesting. I can state that I have not contacted or complained to the forum powers that be or D Ink Mans company on this or know anyone that did. He spoke what he thought and I spoke what I thought...we do have a difference of opinion but that is as far as it goes. After all, part of our great country was founded on the right to free speech.

From wikipedia:

The First Amendment to the United States Constitution is part of the Bill of Rights. The amendment prohibits the Congress from making laws "respecting an establishment of religion", prohibiting the free exercise of religion, infringing on the freedom of speech and infringing on the freedom of the press. In the 20th century the Supreme Court held that the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment applies the First Amendment to each state, including any local government.

Regards,

Mark

Interesting interests me...

Interesting interests me...

I like INTERESTING. I like to be interested and I like to interest others. This interest, creates what is called learning. Learning creates knowledge. Over time, knowledge creates wisdom. Wisdom, normally breeds honesty. And honesty creates passion, purpose, love of life and family, and normally leads to prosperity. Now I would have to say, that is INTERESTING fodder for all the Planet and it's creatures, print and otherwise. ;)

They are buying me? WOW!!!!!!!!! I wonder how much they're going to pay for me. I really do not think that they have enough money to buy me. PRICELESS.

oooh what a problerm to stumble upon,

Heidelberg are a fab press manufacturer no questions but so are roland and even the other foreign contenders e.g komori etc make great offset presses, but nobody will ever produce a infalable press which will print in any condition with any consumables. There are far too many variables to achieve this without building press enviroments as well as presses. But there are faults with there presses...... ever ran any press with cp2000 ? i get at least one press lost comunication with error once a week causing a shut down so if heidelberg is get shitty.....your presses aint perfect there just as good if not slightly better than the competion so get your heads down and sort your shit.

paul

Paultheprinter,
So you are saying that Heidey is just slightlty better than their competition in making presses? You would know better than me because you are the printer and I am D Ink Man. If true, would it behoove Heidey to spend a liitle more time in their design room to improve the models that are engineered and also to improve the quality of their manufacturing? Just trying to learn and get an accurate mindset to this situation. If true, it would then make sense for them perhaps to spend a bit less time choosing the ingredients to make the cake and spend a little more time designing the cake pan, dough mixer and oven that produce the tasty finished delight. Paul sir, do you agree? Thank you.

Paultheprinter,
So you are saying that Heidey is just slightlty better than their competition in making presses? You would know better than me because you are the printer and I am D Ink Man. If true, would it behoove Heidey to spend a liitle more time in their design room to improve the models that are engineered and also to improve the quality of their manufacturing? Just trying to learn and get an accurate mindset to this situation. If true, it would then make sense for them perhaps to spend a bit less time choosing the ingredients to make the cake and spend a little more time designing the cake pan, dough mixer and oven that produce the tasty finished delight. Paul sir, do you agree? Thank you.

i wouldnt agree with you, although i agree with paul that the difference between heidelberg and the German competition is small they still make a great peice of iron, which in my opinion the design has reach the end of the line and their are very little improvments that can be made
But to compare the German presses to the Japs is like comparing mercedes and toyota both reliable cars but one comes with sat nav as standard
Im sure you all know what i mean

Heiderberg -- What about Marinoni !!!!!

Heiderberg -- What about Marinoni !!!!!

Hello fellow Lithographers,

But they don't make Presses like they use too !!!!

See if you can find me on this Pic - a bottle of "Stale Beer" for the winner !!

Regards, Alois

PS -- what would you use Stale Beer for ????????

Attachments

• old litho press copy.jpg
    old litho press copy.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 191
Heidelberg -- What about Marinoni !!!!!

Heidelberg -- What about Marinoni !!!!!

Hello fellow Lithographers,

But they don't make Presses like they use too !!!!

See if you can find me on this Pic - a bottle of "Stale Beer" for the winner !!

Regards, Alois

PS -- what would you use Stale Beer for ????????

Your welcome Gordon, I thought this started to have a life on it's own without a complete explanation.

Regards,

Mark

I'm a bit "Miffed"

I'm a bit "Miffed"

Gentlemen,

Where would we be without a little "Frivolity"

Oh -- a PDF of Heidelbergs first attempt at a serious Printing Press to challenge ---

Faber & Schleicher "Roland" presses or M.A.N

Regards, Alois

Attachments

• rotaspeed by Hberg148.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 235
Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back