Heidelberg MOZ Main Drive Motor

LKCSMO43

We have a 1989 Heidelberg MOZ that used to run a full 11,500 IPH. I recently removed the main drive motor for it and had it rebuilt, after I got it all put back together the press will only run about 8,000 IPH. There is a blower and a speed control motor on top of the main drive, I only removed the blower in order to get it out of the press. What do you guys think the problem may be? Is there any way we can get it back to 11,500 IPH? This press has been our problem child for the last 6 months, but we rely on it for most of our 2/2 work.

Thanks!

Good day sir
I hope you are well in union with his family.
What type is your Motor? Baumuller or Dietz?
As electrical and electronic engineer P.E tha i am with over 45 years in troubleshooitng Graphic Arts Industry, and trained
by Heidelberg, Polar and other, Now retired.There many possibilities.
As you indicate if you rebuilt the motor: 1) I Do not know if you put a new windings?? if You do it exist the possibility
that number of wires crossing is be Wrong. and Inmediately that WILL NOT permit to reach the Speed 11.500IPH.
2) If you did not, and the motor is the Baumuller with servo-motor integrated and Microswitch. The timING is Wrong, the lever
will be Bad ajustmenT , the microswiths will NOT open and closed according with his Schematic Diagrams
Let me know if you have, may a can supply after you answer me, what can1) Motor do you have 2) if you did put New winding ?
Blessing.
[email protected]

Attachments

• baumuller MOZ.png
    baumuller MOZ.png
    467.6 KB · Views: 373
Thanks for the input Chock. The motor is Baumuller, and we did not have new winding put in. The company that rebuilt it for us said they only put new brushes in, cleaned everything up, and double checked that the motor was functioning through its full range. They were not able to use the servo-motor/microswitch control to spool it up and down, we had them in today to help us diagnose the problem as well, the guy they sent us didn't think anything was wrong with the motor as when we disconnected it from the press, we were able to run it through its full range without any issues. The issues start when we have the load of the press on it. I'm going to contact Heidelberg and have them send us a tech if we can't figure it out within the next day or so...

Thanks!

Well, We finally had a tech in from both Heidelberg, and the company we use to rebuild our electric motors. They both agreed that something was still awry in the motor. Found out that the brush rack drive mechanism was messed up, we pulled the motor and are having it fixed now. Will update further when answers become available.

SOLVED! We finally got the motor back from the shop, installed it, worked out a few bugs left in the system, and it spools up nice and smooth and will fly all the way up to 11! A wonderful day for a press with 110,000 impressions! And we still use this bad boy at least weekly!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back