Help needed: Booklet making with the Konica 8050

globalg1

I am having problems making booklets on the Konica 8050. I have a PC and a MAC and I keep on getting errors when I print from the PC in a pdf file. The Mac does not recognize the finisher. It might be a driver issue, or a setting issue, any help would be great.

Re: Help needed: Booklet making with the Konica 8050

What kind of errors are you getting? You shoud have probably posted this in the prepress forum.

Re: Help needed: Booklet making with the Konica 8050

Assuming that it's not an issue with your file, you should
make sure that you have the latest PPD for your Mac, and
the most up to date drivers for your PC. You should also
make sure that you're logged into your RIP correctly. Some
user modes won't allow you permission to use all of the tools.
This might need to be done before you create the printer.
Deleting your current printers and recreating them after
updating the PPD's could help.

Konica 8050 Booklets

Konica 8050 Booklets

I havebeen making booklets for years with the 8050, the main things to look at are,

The 8050 doesn't like pdfs much over 5 MB for booklets, it prints a few pages and the gives a postscript error, the memory isn't good enough.
The next thing to check is the advanced tab, it is at the bottom of the print dialog box, make sure you send the fonts for each page, not at the start.
My 8050 prints the booklets backwards ! so I have to rotate all the pages 180 degrees to get the booklet in the right direction.
If all else fails, convert your whole pdf into JPGs and import the jpg's into a new pdf, it is a bit radical but it works.
The other thing to check is the fit to page command, use it, it makes life much simpler.

Kind regards

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back