Help with Agfa Palladio problem

Muddy

We run an Agfa Palladio and have experienced a plate issue. The image is completely visible on the plate but will not take ink. We treat it with finisher and cleaner offline but that doesn't seem to help. It would appear to be isolated to one size of plate so we are optimistic and hoping it is just a bad batch of plates (although we have seen a little bit of this from time to time on other plates too). I have ordered a new batch and will be trying a fresh plate

Does anyone have any opinion on this? Should I be looking at or considering something else to resolve the issue. Agfa has nobody in this area that can troubleshoot or repair. It cost us over $1000 just to get them here.

hai, even we have a palldio machine , may be u r problem with developer , may be old or there is no circulation . before u get u r new plates try cleaning u r developer & check for the circulation.

We run an Agfa Palladio and have experienced a plate issue. The image is completely visible on the plate but will not take ink. We treat it with finisher and cleaner offline but that doesn't seem to help. It would appear to be isolated to one size of plate so we are optimistic and hoping it is just a bad batch of plates (although we have seen a little bit of this from time to time on other plates too). I have ordered a new batch and will be trying a fresh plate

Does anyone have any opinion on this? Should I be looking at or considering something else to resolve the issue. Agfa has nobody in this area that can troubleshoot or repair. It cost us over $1000 just to get them here.

There are few questions and concerns, since I can't be in your site to test these. I assume Developer feeds to wash tank and not the finisher:
1- Your approach to try different batch of plates and the same size is smart. Let me know if the thickness of these plates are different compare to others.
2- I like to know the maximum run lenght with your good plates.The question is they might have higher ink acceptance but not being optimal.
3- Check the spray bar on the Developer section and make sure all Nozzles are opened and sprays water and developer uniformly on the plates.
4- Check the Rinse section and compare this with Finisher section. Check to see if there is color differences between two. This color difference to an extend is acceptable. If it is too much, bubbles from developer in wash section flow in rinse section. Manualy drain the Rinse and fill it up with fresh finisher. Also make sure the developer doen't produce too much bubble. This could be from defective wash pump or leakage in hoses.
5- Check the tempreture of the rinse and the finisher. What are the values? How much the replenishment set to for these two sections?
6- Make sure the dryer is blowing hot air and not cold one and the plate comes out Dry.
7- Make sure the roller 13 isn't misplaced. If you aren't sure, then take the roller 13 out and reinsert it.
9- Make sure all bearings( rollers holders) are in very good condition. Using small amount of brake oil on bearings' springs helps.
10- Do not reduce the amount of Developer or Finisher. Understand you are working with Silver halide plates which are very chemistry dependent.
10- Use some fresh Developer and pour small amount in all drains and pumps holes.
11- Use Golden rules and maintain the processor properly.

Hope this will help!

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back