High Speed Digital Envelope Printing

Zwicker Press-

From what I have seen, the AstroJet M1 will be preselling for about $14,000 and will will be around $18,000 after release.

Just wondering where the quotes are coming in on the Rena / Astro...
Watched the video on the website, it's impressive, BUT I can't see investing in an envelope printer that can't do 10x13's, which we do our fair share of.

Our quote is from ITS Mailing in Philly, the local Rena dealer. i got a email about the new website from the rep...it is up at MACH5 | Rena Systems | Faster Print Lower Cost Full Color...we dont print 10 by 13s, since the the last USPS change on shape based pricing our customers all switched to #10s....it cuts the postage rate in half.

We are pretty spooked by the Xante at this point, it is either the oki or the Rena Mach 5...

Rena 5 Envelope Printer Product Sellability

Rena 5 Envelope Printer Product Sellability

Has anyone seen the print quality of this machine? Does it produce a digital/offset quality sellable result?

From everything I have read and watched on the net, it seems to be a possible QM46 2 Killer.

Coming from Multi Colour Offset and Xerox Digital Machines, the small Inkjet systems have great potential to upset the digital market on certain printed products.

I have emailed Rena's Sales Dept in PA 5 weeks ago and are still waiting for a response....

I am in Australia ( Waterworld at the moment) and the cost of unit and consumbables is similiar to the States due to Parity in the $Aus and $A Dollar.

Thanks in Advance..

RENA samples

RENA samples

I have a stack of sample envelopes that were printed on the Rena Mach 5. The print quality looks pretty decent. I would compare the appearance to that produced by a desktop HP injet in "normal" print mode. We have an OKI based envelope printer and I'd have to say that the OKI output is as good but has a slightly shiny appearance. The samples that I recieved are standard #10 light weight envelopes. The rep @ RENA was unable to print on the heavier envelopes that I supplied. Hopefully a version capable of printing on heavier stock will follow the Mach 5.

Thanks Acronut, Rena contacted me within hours of the the above message being posted, and are sending samples. I think the unit has huge potential, dependant on the quality.

Shows what a valuable resource this Website is.....

Thanks Acronut, Rena contacted me within hours of the the above message being posted, and are sending samples. I think the unit has huge potential, dependant on the quality.

Shows what a valuable resource this Website is.....

Hi Amsman,

After seeing the samples please tell us.

Dz

If you are only printing envelopes, the recently announced Rena inkjet printer seems like it could be worth a look. It uses the new Memjet technology which, although largely unproven in the marketplace, appears to have promise for the office and lower speed ranges.

If you are looking for something a little more versatile and production grade, consider the RISO ComColor printer line. In addition to full color printing speeds of 146 PPM for USLetter paper stocks (16# - 210# index), RISO has a production-class envelope feeding accessory from Kirk-Rudy that reliably feeds up to 100 envelopes per minute with variable data addressing and bar codes. It can feed sizes up to 10"x13" envelopes and has a realistic duty cycle of 500,000 per monthly.

Check out this recent MVTO blog for more details: RISO Inc: Inkjet: (Still) The Future of Color Printing

Bob Raus
Manager, Product Marketing
RISO Inc.

Sorry to hear the Rena CS didn't work out for you. The Mach 5 uses a completely new inkjet technology from Memjet, so hopefully the only thing they have in common is the ability to print in color. We'll soon see!

printing color envelopes on a KM 6500

printing color envelopes on a KM 6500

We are a mid-size, commercial, sheet fed printer and bought a Canon C1 to get our feet wet in the digital market. Quality is great, machine is a bit slow, service response time has been undesirable. We are looking at upgrading to a lightly used Konica 6500 at an attractive price. Sales rep says we can print envelopes with little trouble. Has anyone had luck printing envelopes on the 6500??

We are a mid-size, commercial, sheet fed printer and bought a Canon C1 to get our feet wet in the digital market. Quality is great, machine is a bit slow, service response time has been undesirable. We are looking at upgrading to a lightly used Konica 6500 at an attractive price. Sales rep says we can print envelopes with little trouble. Has anyone had luck printing envelopes on the 6500??

I would tell your sales rep to put the crack pipe down, I have 3 6500's...and before that a bunch of 500's....and I have never been able to get a salable envelope out of any of them.

I would tell your sales rep to put the crack pipe down, I have 3 6500's...and before that a bunch of 500's....and I have never been able to get a salable envelope out of any of them.
Yeah, I didn't put a lot of faith in it. Not that I want to run envelopes, but would be a cost-effective option vs. converting flat sheet as we do often. She brought in some 6 x 9 booklet envelopes one of client's had ran on their similar km 6500 machine and they looked good, no wrinkles or sealed shut flaps. If we do the deal I'll have a month to kick the tires. Are you familiar with the C-1??? Is the 6500 a nice step up?? Thanks for your time~
Erik

I saw Rena Mach 5 yesterday, and I really like the quality. I am close to signing a lease, but I need to confirm a couple things....

1. Rena claims that consumable cost $2.77 on small logo and return address (see below link). That is excellent, but is it too good to be true??
Rena Mach5 / AstroJet M1 Digital Color Envelope Printer

2. I can easily run 200,000 or more envelopes per month. Has anyone been running this for a while in high volume? How reliable is this? Do I need to purchase 2?

Thanks in advance for any replies on this.

Same here !!!

Same here !!!

As you, we are looking for a way to print on envelopes windowed or not, from DL to 10x13...
So far, the challengers are the RENA 5 (or ASTRO M1) and a good old rebuilt 4c HALM press...

We have to be able to print an estimate 50k env per month with peaks at 300k...

The Rena would be great but the 2 issues we see would be the fact it can't print 10x13 env and to small capacity of the feeder...

We are looking to an other ASTRO machine based on a Memjet printer too, the M2 which can be seen on youtube...

For the Halm press, it would meen that we would enter the printing market (we are a direct mailer) and then we would offer a dedicated envelope printing service...
Problem would be to find a good machine (rebuilt) and train someone here on the machine...
Another issue with the HALM would be the printing of the plates which mean another brick on the wall !

Have a good day.

Did anybody get the price for Rena or Astro M1 printer? I'd love to know the price. Did you get any information on durability of the printing head or prices of ink cartridges?

I just went to a demo for the mach5 rena and the print quality looks like ink jet ( very faded ) I would not be able to sell it to my customers

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back