History of Fogra and ISO standards

maas

Afternoon

I am intrigued to learn the history of Fogra and ISO in the prepress and print industry, i read somewhere Fogra dates back to 1951, would appreciate any and all information.

thank you

regards
Maas

Check out the "German Presses and Fogra" thread.

Check out the "German Presses and Fogra" thread.

Member "Green Printer" and a couple others provide a wealth of information on Fogra.
Hope that helps.

It is was this thread that prompted my question, at what point is there over saturation in the standards, when Fogra and ISO certify products and procedures, both set measurable standards and are oftern quoted well out of context.

regards
Maas

It is was this thread that prompted my question, at what point is there over saturation in the standards, when Fogra and ISO certify products and procedures, both set measurable standards and are oftern quoted well out of context.

I have to agree, maas. The colors for the primary and overprint colors are pretty optimistic. I've always had to push the inks and some of the colors seem unnatural.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back