Horizontal streaks on Xerox 770 output

Xerox 770 output - light backgrounds uneven across sheet. Also, horizontal streaks from top to bottom of sheet
seemingly in all colors. 400,000 impressions on this used machine. I do not have a maintenance agreement at this point. Just
replaced fuser,all drums,developer. Anyone seen this before and maybe have an idea what should be done? The tech
is not sure and seems to think we are at the point of "throwing parts at it". Hope I don't have to afford that :)

Get the service agreement. What ever you think you are paying for the service is nothing compared to all the parts that will cost you in the long run. Light backround colors are a problem on all digital printers. Paper could also effect the outcome. Especially gloss.

Unless you are keen on throwing money away by putting parts in that are not needed, get the service agreement. People NEED to get over the "click" charge!!! If you think about it, really hard if you need to, ALL equipment has a "click" charge. It cost you something every time it makes a print, whether is is a copier, or an offset press. Each and every impression cost a certain amount of money period!

I Agree, the 770 is a great machine when maintained properly. Could be the BLT or simply the substrate used. Get a contract but negotiate!!! An affordable click charge that includes everything will solve lots of Future headaches.

This is an regular issue that you will come across every so often, sometimes its the color, most times its the machine. When our Konica streaks, we call for service, they show up the same day, and replace the parts the same day because we have a service contract. Your tech should know this problem, its a result of worn out parts and isn't rocket science. Our machine is different than yours, but I do believe our tech would replace the developer and developer units in this instance, I do believe those have the corona wires? You can also try to clean the wires yourself,but they are delicate and hard to get to. Good luck.

Thank everyone for the responses! "Non-negotiable" click charge is .06 for color one side of an 8.5x11 and .12 for color per side of 11x17 and larger. Seems very pricey to me.

Everything is negotiable. You should be able to get the click charge to be the same no matter the sheet size. Its crazy they want so much. I would shop around.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back