Hot Foil over Spot UV & double-sided Spot UV

ReflexBlueHorror

Happy new year fellow PrintPlanetarians. I'm coming at this from the graphic design side, unable to find literature on these matters... Is it possible (or undesirable) to hot foil over Spot UV? Has it been done before? Will it be done again? Is Spot UV ever done double-sided?

Magnus59

We regularly do double sided spot UV
Foil is notoriously temperamental when other treatments are applied underneath
I would lean towards foiling first then UV over the foil where possible

ReflexBlueHorror

I've seen "silk foil" by Prudente
but the setup is quite different. I'm thinking more of how mirror-finish foil can be achieved on lightly textured stocks. I've seen glazed embossing but not heard of it being done simultaneously with foil.

Color Optimized?

Ink
by Noel Ward, Editor@Large
Color is in demand in all types of documents, making color management a critical part of Digital Printing 5.0. Managing color on one device/press can be an easy task with the correct tools and processes. But managing color to ensure printed pages are consistent and repeatable across the different substrates and color gamuts of toner and inkjet can be a much bigger challenge. Properly implemented color management workflows can help achieve consistent color results across multiple devices. Although many end-customers are claiming satisfaction with “pleasing color,” two challenges are still in play. Link to Article