how can i center the page in the Prinergy

cmyk813680

how can i center the page in the Prinergy? i hope that somebody could give me some good ideas to solve this problems. I am sorry that i could not know english too much so i just show the chinese attachments. Please kindly find the attachments for your reference. Thank you very much!:D

Attachments

• prinergy 页面内容不能居中.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 303
  • 222.jpg
    222.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 188
All we do is tell InDesign or Quark to center the page before we save to prinergy as a .ps (postscript) file. Then we tell Preps templates to center the page as well. Hope that helps.

The website for prinergy and preps documentation is

https://ecentral.kodak.com/

If you are not already registered, then you will need to do so for access.

From the Signatures view, select the page in the thumbnail and go to Edit>Center Page. (I think it's under the Edit Menu - don't have Prinergy anymore so I can't check.)

Page by page

Page by page

I've only found you have to manually select EACH PAGE you want to center (you can grab multiple, CMD key on my Mac) in the signature view and choose "edit" "center page".

Why you can't set as a default? Don't know... although it's ridiculous. Anyway, if you have a lot you may want to adjust your page boxes in PitStop instead, or you will get pretty good at manually setting your page geometry like we do on most multi-page documents that don't have correct page information. If you're doing a whole book, select all in the "page" section and set the geometry for all.

If anyone DOES know how to set that as a default, I'd love to set mine that way.

"Ctrl + Shift + C" doesn't that work for everything? :)

sorry bad humor, it is getting close to Miller Time on a Friday.

All this time

All this time

Thank you very much, that seems to work!

I thought I had dug into this looking before (I was just in this screen the other day to turn off the "versioned import" stuff. We had it set to "honor existing" - which leads to another question: is there a setting I should be doing in Preps that sets that as a default? I'm not sure where the "existing" centering data comes from.

Anyway, that really helps - sometimes putting the gangs together can be a real pain - which is when I usually need this.

There is a preference in Preps (5 anyway...not sure about 6) to "Center" all pages. If you change it be sure to save the profile.

It works!

It works!

Hi Joe -
just to say thanks again... I found it no problem. It was funny because I had just been in the screen a week before, my "edit imposition" began creating versioned imports (guess it had lost the prefs) and I went back to set it to replace the current imposition plan.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back