How can I get a print profile to send to a customer from Xenith?

TinaB

I have a customer who is trying to print a color image on uncoated stock and is very focused on the mid tones of a nature photo being sharp. The customer is not local so we have run a couple of press proofs and sent them out for approval. So far we haven't meet their approval. They are asking for us to send them a profile they can put into Photoshop to see if that will help, but I do not know where I would find one in Xenith

We are running Xenith Extreme with an EFI colorproof system for our epson proofs.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Tina

TinaB,

The customer obviously has a color managed workflow, and is wanting from you a press profile (one that shows how their job will print on the uncoated paper). They want this profile so that they can soft-proof in PhotoShop to see what the final printed product will look like while they design or make changes. This way you don't keep wasting paper and they don't keep wasting time.

Very easy to do: For instance, I use http://files.idealliance.org/color_characterization/betadatasets/beta offset uncoated 2009.zip

So I first calibrate my monitor to 5300K (personal preference so that it looks very close to the paper white), make a profile (do this with Eye-One Display 2 or similar product to make sure what you're seeing is correct on monitor). Then in PhotoShop or any other Adobe product, set up Proof Setup to use the CMYK profile, keep CMYK numbers checked, Simulate paper checked, simulate ink checked. Now you have a proof on screen that is VERY close to proof that you hopefully print and also VERY close to press sheet. At least that's the way it should be - all programs (including proofing system) using the same source ICC profile for the paper type that the job will be printed on, and press set up using G7 method.

Regards,

Don

I have a customer who is trying to print a color image on uncoated stock and is very focused on the mid tones of a nature photo being sharp. The customer is not local so we have run a couple of press proofs and sent them out for approval. So far we haven't meet their approval. They are asking for us to send them a profile they can put into Photoshop to see if that will help, but I do not know where I would find one in Xenith

We are running Xenith Extreme with an EFI colorproof system for our epson proofs.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Tina

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back