How Can I Save pdf files in small size with best quality befor printing?

2mira

I Need to Know
If there is a way :
to Press Pdf files With (small size) with out reduce files quality for prepress?
OR
THE BEST METHOD for saving pdf files before printing ?????

Thanks Any support

Which application? If it's InDesign, then I recommend exporting to PDF using the PDF/X-4 setting. But your printer may recommend something different, so it's best to contact them.

Why is file size important?

I have been saving mine out as PDF/X-1a and thought it was working great for me until I realized that it was converting my fonts to outlines. Anyone know how to avoid this from happening?

tlc68, how do you save your files? Export with Indesign or any other way? Creating PDF/X-1a should not by default convert text to outlines. Please provide more info.

I have been saving mine out as PDF/X-1a and thought it was working great for me until I realized that it was converting my fonts to outlines. Anyone know how to avoid this from happening?
Well, you could set the flattening options to rasterize the affected text areas instead of text outlining! :p

In fact, if you have any transparency in your original document, PDF/X-1a is a lossy PDF in terms of quality and potentially much larger in size than it needs to be.

Join the 21st century and use PDF/X-4. There is not any reasonably recent version of any RIP or DFE software or even any PDF workflow software that doesn't support PDF/X-4 and actually give better results with PDF/X-4.

- Dov

PS: If moving to PDF/X-4, you should also use ICC color management. Don't prematurely convert (ruin) color-managed RGB imagery and artwork to CMYK.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back