How can this be done?

Yookaroo

I have a mailing that the client has requested as a backfeed individual pdf's each named after data in a column.

We use Xmpie in house, but it cant do this.

If I injected the data I need for naming into the bleed, could I produce a 20,000 record pdf file and convert it to singles named after data on each pdf page? Ive heard there is a way to do this but have found nothing as of yet.

so you want to save each page as a separate file using a field from each page as the file name?

I have a mailing that the client has requested as a backfeed individual pdf's each named after data in a column.

We use Xmpie in house, but it cant do this.

If I injected the data I need for naming into the bleed, could I produce a 20,000 record pdf file and convert it to singles named after data on each pdf page? Ive heard there is a way to do this but have found nothing as of yet.

If I understand your question correctly you need to create individual indexable PDFs as well as a printable file. The PDFs must be named or identified using data added to or incorporated within the data file.

If my understanding is correct then Jet Letter's PSL PageBuilder PRO VDP solution can do what you are looking to accomplish. We'd need to know more about your exact need and workflow but we have certainly have clients doing very similar work every day.

PSL - Jet Letter- Variable Data Printing Software

Dear Steve,

It would be a custom solution that would need to be written. Dwight Kelly from Apago is the guy for a job like this. I'm very confident that it can be done but Dwight is the guy who would be the final answer. I cc'ed him on this.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back