How to adjust the hue?

Here is my problem.
Recently, our shop is testing our presses. There is a press’s hue are different from the others. How could I get right hue by adjust some conditions?
How’s this “Hue” thing influenced press?

Hue is usually a grey balance problem. How are you testing the press? Are you testing it against ISO? If Cyan Magenta and Yellow are not in balance you will usually get a cast in the neutrals. It is possible to adjust the the transfer curves, but I would not attempt that without having a specific target, like ISO.

Thanks Lukas
what is transfer curves? we have two curves,one for adjust printing plates,another for dot gain. Usually,for different color we have different dotgain curves. (CMY for 12%, K for15% at 50%).
Our plate making condition is 2400dpi 175lpi.
Do you mean that I should readjust my dotgain curves?

Frank

Yes that sounds ok, but it is not just the 50% dotgain that matters.
You need the whole shape of the dotgain gurve to be correct. You should look at the TVI for ISO. There are ofcourse other things that can affect such as the pigments of the primaries.
Note that the lower the TVI the dotgain maxes at a higher %. You will need at least 3 points to determine the overall shape of the curve 25% 50% 75% is a common reference.

I checked TVI, the density for each color today, it all seems like OK. Now I suspect the printing sequence.we use KCMY for others, but KMCY for this one.

I will change the printing sequence and check it again.

Frank

Great :) Well this is the power of forum, you don't need to know everything, as long as you know where to ask :) (and are not afraid to do so)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back