How to improve ink formulation? It gets damaged when adhesive is applied on top of it

MisterResin

Hi Everyone,

I need to optimize my flexo laminating ink formulation because everytime that I apply the adhesive on top of it you see it redissolves the ink too much. I think it has to do with the Ethylacetate that is present in the adhesive solution.
I understood that adding some PVB in the letdown could work, but my first tests were not succesfull. Any tips?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
My ink contains a total of 12.5 % of solid binder. The solids content of the adhesive is 40%. I've tried to increase the solids of my adhesive solution, but this also didn't help.

First and foremost, no silicone at all in formula.

You need a softer polymer with a lower TG, recommend -15 or -20 to provide improved flexibility.

Consider an acrylic also to improve the situation and adhesion.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back