HP 5000 network help

I inherited an hp 5000 from another shop, but cannot figure out how to get it on the network. I found the IO settings in the menu, but it does not let me assign an ip address..does anyone know where this would be in the interface, or how to do this?

Thanks

Have you tried using the HP Jet direct administration utility? Sometimes that helps detect HP devices on the network and will allow you to configure the network settings remotely. It's helped me out a few years back. Check the HP website.

hp5000

hp5000

is this an HP/Indigo 5000 or another type of printer?????? We have an Indigo 1000 and as I recall we set up print queues and just treat them like a windows printer from the mac . .. hope this helps

We have a HP5500 DesignJet 60inch, it has an IP address, we can access it from our PC's - but it does not have a Mac printer driver so we can't print from the Mac direct to the HP. We also drive the printer using a third party RIP, which has pro/cons vs. using the supplied HP driver software.

EDIT:

Go to the Setup menu on the front panel of the printer.
Select I/O Setup and press enter
Select Card ID and press enter
Write down the hardware Ethernet name and IP address numbers (and perhaps Appletalk name if appropriate)

You should be able to browse the printer from a web browser using the IP address.

Hope this helps!

Stephen Marsh

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back